Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Woburn Sands
  • Guilliano
    Free Member

Anyone live nearby? I’m local to it and am on the lookout for riding buddies. I’m not fit (but want to be) so am looking for anyone with a modicum of talent and fitness to push me and get me off my butt more often!

Trimix
    Free Member

There is a club that rides there (should be googleable) – your actually meant to be a member to ride round there. Ive ridden there a bit, but never joined the club. Its private forest and you could be asked to show memebership.

They are a freindly bunch and know all the sweet bits. But to be honest, after a few rides you will find loads of them and cant get too lost – its a small area. Its also surprisingly weatherproof.

Guilliano
    Free Member

I know the club(s) but I’m looking for a slightly more relaxed riding attitude. They like to cover distance…. I prefer to have fun and play a little (purely cos I’m too unfit to cover distances at the mo)

ken_shields
    Free Member

Anybody can ride there. If the ranger gets you it’ll cost you £2 for a day ticket

cyclones are the fit guys http://www.cyclonemountainbikingclub.co.uk/

and these guys ride there too http://www.sillygrin.co.uk/index.htm

Guilliano
    Free Member

I ride by Stockgrove to get my ticket when I go there…. good citizen me

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I’ve seen the cyclone & sillygrin guys up there a few times & tagged along. cyclone do more varied trails but SG are more flexible, faster & with less chat (until they get to the pub). Oh, & cyclone had some girls with them (awesome!)
    That said, they were both happy to wait for me.

if i were you i’d stick a message on either site asking for help – you are bound to get a reply.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I live about half an hour

d

m overdue a visit,when are you likely to be going?
    I know a couple of others that may be up for a more leisurely ride too.

Guilliano
    Free Member

I’ll be there on Sunday, probably about 9am.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

just checked SG & there are a few guys going sunday am too, but a little later.
    If I can get there for 9, where will you be & what do you ride dude?

Guilliano
    Free Member

I’ve just remembered that the clocks go forward so will be there about 10am. I ride a Giant Trance X at the mo…. I’m an all the gear no idea type. I’m always dressed in all Endura kit with a Spesh helmet….. and often found on the floor still clipped in

oldgit
    Free Member

The Buzzards are a good place to start. Tuesday they meet for a night ride out of Stockgrove and generally split into two groups as there are complete beginers to points chasing racers amongst them.
    I usually go and recently my 12 year old son has been riding with us, the two groups rejoin for the return ride.
    Sundays are usually broken into several groups starting at different times of the morning.
    The average ride is about 2 hours at night, and 3 to 5 on Sundays.
    The club is very grass roots, but we have members racing all diciplines on and off road. We also have the occasional day out, like this Sunday we’re off to the Peaks.
    You can mail me if you want at pace@fsmail.net I am racing but train for that on my own, but I do take my son out he races in the youth and also any beginers. I do flutuate between road and woods though.
    I’m in Leighton Buzzard, and don’t forget you’ve goy Ashridge as well.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll be riding Woburn next Sunday. Anytime between 8 and 9am. I’ll probably leave from Stockgrove so I can finish with a coffee.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Sands’ is closed to new replies.