Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Woburn
  • Lemurian
    Free Member

Anyone been up to woburn recently? Thinking of going this weekend at some point, but my mate mentioned something about a dispute with the landowner and some trails being knocked down? First I’ve heard of this, so is he talking rubbish?

_tom_
    Free Member

I think all the disputes got sorted out a while ago. A few of the “dh” trails have logs over them and the road gaps are no longer rideable afaik. There’s loads of rideable stuff though, the transfer line and hip line are awesome 🙂

donks
    Free Member

Woburn trails are very much still in opperation. In fact rather than the talked about toning down of trails the little monkeys have built more 😀
    Should be pretty good but could with a tiny bit of rain to consolodate the sandy ground.

Lemurian
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like I’ll head down there then, it’s been a while.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I think it’s actuallly better when there’s been some rain – dry sand does not make for good riding. Rode some cross country trails there last week and it was in pretty good shape. Heavily overgrown with ferns and stuff that made it slower (for me anyway) than in winter as I couldn’t see where I was going half the time…

timmys

A couple of XC trails were shut, one due to erosion and one as it crossed an SSSI. A couple of the runs in the play area that crossed the bridleway have been closed (ie. the drop onto the bottom of the bridleway that Jedi used to teach on has gone). Overall it’s lose a couple here and there / gain a couple here and there kind of thing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Woburn’ is closed to new replies.