Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wireless ks dropper.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Has this been done yet.Something else to go wrong but a cool idea. 😉
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ks-electronic-wireless-dropper-post-first-look.html

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve been saying for years that if I was going to make a dropper it would be electronic an wireless.

Northwind

It’s a good idea but I want to see one that raises and drops on command, once you start putting power in there why stop with just being a wire emulator?

andyl
    Free Member

exactly. Power up and power down so if you are out of the saddle already you can drop the saddle without having to sit back down.

JoeG
    Free Member

A dropper with a “powered raise” could be very useful to downhill racers where there is a pedal section in the middle. Hit the button, saddle goes up, pedalpedalpedal, hit button, saddle drops, and into a jump or tech section.

matther01
    Free Member

Could be quite funny if you knew your mates frequency…making it drop and rise in all the wrong places 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It needs to link to GPS/Strava and auto select the optimum height based on speed, gradient and upcoming features!

😉

daveh
    Free Member

There’s a fair difference in power requirement between actuating an air post and electrically powering a post, big batteries = space and weight. And as for auto raise and drop, is a quick bum assist that significant?

JoeG
    Free Member

daveh – Member

There’s a fair difference in power requirement between actuating an air post and electrically powering a post, big batteries = space and weight. And as for auto raise and drop, is a quick bum assist that significant?

A World Cup DH racer would likely only need a handful of saddle adjustments in a 4 minute run. Thus, battery size and life could be much smaller than for a trail rider using it a lot on a 4 hr ride. The “bum assist” isn’t really an issue for trail riders, but likely would be for an elite racer.

I do think that we’ll see a powered seatpost on the world cup in the next year or two.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wireless ks dropper.’ is closed to new replies.