Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wiper blades
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Buy cheap, buy twice. Hence the bargains off ebay have only latsed the summer.

what’s the best brand wiper blades to cope with winter salty spray?

salty spray? sounds wrong…

falkirk-mark

Bosch,valeo whatever came new with your car

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve always use Bosch super twins but I have just bought some generic flat blade wipers off Amazon for a tenner. Given the heat that we’ve had over the summer any wipers would have suffered and started hardening but my Boschs were screwed. Also I have a fair few minor chips on my windsceen which all take their toll on the rubber themselves and I also found that after 2 years of not changing the hinges on the wipers were stiffening so would no longer create a tight fit on the curvature of the glass. These flat blades seem awesome and at that price I’m happy to change every winter as opposed to Bosch blades at £30!

stumpy01

I normally buy cheap wiper blades, but last time thought that it would be worth spending a bit more on some decent ones.

Bought some Bosch ones.
    Rubbish.
    Rubbish from the word go.

I will be going back to cheaper ones & replacing them more often.

a11y

Own brand flat-blade retrofit ones from http://www.wiperblades.co.uk costing <£14/pair have lasted me 2 years / 20k miles so far.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Bosch ftw. Champion good too (available cheap from Sainsbury’s last time I looked). Avoid tesco own brand like the plague. Mine rusted after a month of squeaky use.

Beware of conterfeit / fake bosch – pretty common.

Taff
    Free Member
    giant_scum
    Free Member

I got some flat blade wipers from Home Bargains a couple of weeks back. So far they seem ok, probably helped by the application of Rain-ex as well.

stumpy01

a11y – I think I have used them in the past & will probably give them another whirl. They worked quite well, but I thought they were cheaper than they are….
    They are more expensive than the Bosch ones, but only a few quid…..

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Don’t know too much about wiper blades, but happy to advise on salty spray. 😀

grim168
    Free Member

+1 for rain x. dont need wipers above 40ish

anc
    Free Member

PIAA, I’ve got some on the scooby which are 5 year old now still working brilliantly and very quite.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I use wiperblades.co.uk

linky clicky link

great service and very happy with their wiper blades.

spooky_b329

I buy the cheap flat ones off ebay, I’ve bought them for four cars over the last couple of years, and the only ones that were rubbish were a different design, a metal strip along the spine rather than the plastic/rubber type, the metal strip just resulted in squeaking and juddering. Put up with them for a whole summer but replaced them for the winter.

+2 for the rain-X. Bought the combined window cleaner/rain-x bottle two weeks ago, even in heavy rain and loads of spray over the last couple of days I never needed the wipers on constant, in fact they never came off the slowest intermittent setting (about 25 seconds). Going over 45mph the droplets just run off, when going slower it doesn’t seem to matter how much water builds up, you can just see through it. The only exception is on single lane roads with lots of approaching traffic or where there are lots of streetlights, the light reflecting off the droplets is distracting and does reduce visibility.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wiper blades’ is closed to new replies.