Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Winter lube (pre-emptive strike content)
  • stayhigh

As the seasons are turning and after getting caked inm ud the other day my thoughts turned to what lube for winter. Normally I end up using Finishline Cross Country wet lube however wondered what are the benefits of using a wax lube over the winter period?

stumpy01

I thought wax lube was for dry conditions to stop all the dust/grit sticking to the chain (as it does with wet lube)…..?

Finish Line wet lube does the job for me……

nickc

just stick with finish line wet. I think I've used every single lube there is, and I still come back to this.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I like Squirt dry lube as it doesn't cake up however when the chain is wet and muddy you can't "top up" so? Its seems to work well for shortish rides i.e. 2-3 hours but afterthats its gets ground off 🙁

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I've been using Purple Lube…I'm impressed with it's non-washing-off-iveness, otherwise all I've ever used in the winter is Finish Line Wet Lube.

docrobster
    Free Member
    sofaking
    Free Member

rock n roll
    green lube

WackoAK
    Free Member

I've been using Juice Lubes Chain Juice Wet for a while now and rate it highly.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Chain-L is probably going to be my winter chain, certainly for commutes. By far the cleanest of all the wet lubes I've ever tried, although it has something of a method for application. It's very long-lasting and the stuff that does make its way onto the gears is very easy to clean off with a solvent-soaked rag.

scruff
    Free Member

Renthal Stuff from CRC seems to last really well but it need wiping off well otherwise it 'attracts' dirt alot.

Green Oil is very good.

nickc

it need wiping off well otherwise it 'attracts' dirt alot.

I suspect people who complain about wet lubes collecting dirt don't apply it properly…

scruff
    Free Member

You mean drip it onto each link tiny bit by tiny bit like some saddo with too much time on their hands ? 😆

rp16v
    Free Member

currently use fishline wet but will be trying out tf2 wet when f/l runs out as i can get it from work lol

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I'm with scruff

so long as you dont coat the whole damn chain in oil most any wet lubes are very good. Clean chain one small drop of wet lube on each link. Whizz chain backwards wipe clean. Your chain will now not turn black on rides and attract all the crap. I used wax during summer, works a treat but now need wet for long rides in Wales.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Juice lubes wet.Excellent stuff

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Putoline chain wax for motorcycles. Lasts for ages, cheap as chips, messy faff to apply. I use it on all my bikes and chain life is significantly longer and lube intervals significantly less.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Winter lube (pre-emptive strike content)’ is closed to new replies.