Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Winstanleys – Any good?
  • Twin
    Free Member

Was thinking about getting an urge helmet from them, but its only available to order in my size. Any experiences with them?

eskay

Ordered a Felt ss from them a while ago and had some quality issues with the bike. They were very helpful trying to sort it out (shame felt were not as good).

kevster
    Free Member

Ordered some bits the other day, came through quickly. One order was out of stock which they emailed about. Correspondence was regular and out of stock part came through about two days after the rest.

glen815
    Free Member

Can’t fault them. Cheapest place around for Hope stuff usually.

tutgareth
    Free Member

I have used them many times, very happy with their customer service. Recently got some hope hoops and other bits from them and they where the cheapest around. I did have to wait for some other bits but they kept me informed by email as to what was happening and when I phoned they were always helpful. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Someone will be along in just a moment to tell you Winstanleys are the mail-order equivalent of the Antichrist but I’ve shopped with them since 2007 and they’ve only gone wrong once and that was quickly remedied. Have also been to their shop aka industrial unit in Wigan a few times and they were very helpful

vinylspin
    Free Member

I ordered some Hope stuff a couple of times from them, quick delivery and no probs and they had best price too.

ampthill

I have had problems with stuff listed as in stock when it wasn’t

maybe phone them?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I used to pop along about now and tell you they are the mail order equivilent of the anti-christ, based on my own horrific experiences with them some years ago. But a friend of mine recently ordered a bike from them, and about 5 days later, it arrived. So maybe they’ve got their shit together now…

beaker2135

I’ve never had any problems with them

chakaping
    Free Member

Give them a bell, if it’s a cheap price and your size not in stock then you can see you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

They are very helpful and pleasant IME.

unklehomered
    Free Member

So they answer the phones now? Wow it really has changed since I last interacted with them.

chakaping
    Free Member

You have to time it right tbh

globalti
    Free Member

Mrs Gti does business with the family, they are her most serious and professional customers in the NW.

godzilla
    Free Member

I got an urge helmet from them, had a problem with the helmet and whin-shanleys where terrible, I wouldn’t touch them with a sh***y stick.

Jason
    Free Member

I have found them fairly mixed.

I have bought a few Hope bits from them which have turned up pretty quickly and have been well priced. The only negative I have had was placing an order for two 24″ rims that they were showing in stock. The next day I got an email to say that one rim had been despatched, I then got another email to say they had cancelled the order for the other rim as the manufacturer had stopped making them. To be fair I rang them up and they were pretty good about and understood why I didn’t want mismatched rims. On their advice I simply rejected the rim when it turned up in the post and they refunded me when they got it back.

simmy
    Free Member

I have used them and find them fine.

They would be my LBS if the traffic in Wigan wasn’t so unpredictably bad, as it is, it’s easier to jump on the motorway to Merlin.

Regarding the returns etc, I got a 661 helmet off them which I found uncomfortable and returned it no problem. I rang them and they didn’t answer but they must have a system in place or dialled 1471 as they rang me back.

This was over the counter at the shop so can’t comment on the mail order.

boxfish
    Free Member

Well, I AM the Anti-Christ and I’ll have you know that there is no comparison.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well, I AM the Anti-Christ and I’ll have you know that there is no comparison.

Well maybe i you try really hard, up the rudeness, throw in some lying and dishonesty, some unfounded accusations, work on getting people’s hopes up only to dash them, put people on hold and then disconnect them because it’s going home time* you can be that diabolical too? 😉

*in the interests on fairness these experiences, while in just one transaction were 5 years ago.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

ordered some halo rims that were out of stock, got an email estimate, they arrived quicker than expected with no probs.

honourablegeorge

Have had several orders with them recently, all quick and hassle free, except one that sat in “processing” without shipping for a day or two for no apparent reason, quick phone call sorted it. They do answer the phone too.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

my local LBS and no other LBS has as much stock, but I’ve always bought my bikes from Twelve50 bikes in Frodsham and accessories from Winstanleys, but not mail order. You can’t be too shite if you can grow your business from a little shop to a massive industrial unit though?

I’ve certainly heard more wiggle/crc rants to be fair

barn
    Free Member

I bought my wife a Genesis Aether for a great price.
    Delivery was quick and it was set-up brilliantly.

jonk

Had some massive bargains from them in the past. I live 10 miles away and mail order is always next day really good iMO.

andrewni
    Free Member

They are one of the few places you can get a 30.9 to 31.6 shim without paying an arm and a leg in delivery costs. Delivered in under 24hrs to NI too 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Winstanleys – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.