Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wing Hall Rutland…Anyone been ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Just booked camping for the may bank holiday….

Any of the masses been ?

I try and stay away from reviews on Camping websites !

Thanks in advance

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

anyone…

sofaking
    Free Member

rode past it quite a few times. has nice views and surrounded by countryside, looks busy in the summer

ampthill

Its seems a bit late to ask now

Yes i have been, along time ago, it was fine

Jamie
    Free Member

rode past it quite a few times. has nice views and surrounded by countryside, looks busy in the summer

This^^

I imagine if the weather is crap, it might be a bit of a grind finding stuff to do.

Mikey65
    Free Member

Not camped there as I live local, but have rode past lots of times and stopped in for lunch a few times…Nice relaxing place, nice cafe/bar…Not too much to do in local area, some fishing and Rutland Water for water sports..road riding is reasonable in that area, some tracks can be found..What are your plans?

ampthill

Oh just in case we are missing the elephant in the room

The ride round the lake is great. Not really a road ride or a mountain bike ride. But its a nice ride

Jamie
    Free Member

…and if you’re hiring bikes at Rutland Water, you can get some ridiculous bling to pootle round the lake. Last time I did it, I had a Carbon S-Works hardtail for £12-ish for 2hrs.

Just remember, the Normanton shop (nearest one to Wing) will be all Giant stuff, as that is a Giant retail store, and there will be more manufacturer choice over the other side of the reservoir at Rutland Cycles.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

How many campsites are there in Wing? Presumably not many as it’s a small place!

I was at a camp site there for a couple of nights. Nice area, and a really lovely pub in the village too! 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

cheers

meeting my brother and sister there with all our children halfway point in the country!

if the weathers sunny who needs things to do !

boblo
    Free Member

Nearby: Finches Arms in Hambleton. Top grub. Yum!

bwaarp
    Free Member

WHY on gods earth would you come to Rutland…..Oakhams my hometown where I grew up!

There’s nothing going on, the denizens of Rutland are like hobbits but more boring.

The only things to do are a bit of windsurfing, **** sheep and shooting stuff with guns out in the fields. The only women there are either underage or worn out 30 something chavslags and the only place of any remote historical interest is Burghley and Stamford.

It also has (I believe) the highest fertility rate in the UK, as there’s bugger all else to do but procreate.

tinybits
    Free Member

I uesd to love riding rutland water back in the day. One lap in each direction followed by 3 ice-creams from mr whippy van.
    Sorry, can’t help on the campsite though!

boblo
    Free Member

Rutland is very pleasant for road biking.

ampthill

cheers

meeting my brother and sister there with all our children halfway point in the country!

Ok paints a lovely picture

The only women there are either underage or worn out 30 something chavslags

Someones idea of a family get togther is some what different to mine!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wing Hall Rutland…Anyone been ?’ is closed to new replies.