Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wine warehouses near Calais
  • bigG
    Free Member

We’re heading back to the tunnel this Saturday after a fortnight in France, and assuming I’ve not filled every spare inch in the car already I’d like to pick up some bargain wines on the way

Am I as well picking some wine up in the local Super U or intermarche before heading off, or is there anywhere you’d recommend in or near Calais?

G

jon1973
    Free Member

Always get my wine in an Aldi or some other Supermarket in France. I think I usually pay a couple of Euros a bottle for some fairly decent wine. I never fancy the hassle of the warehouses.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

find out what you like over the fortnight and stock up on it before leaving, better than guessing last minute

bigG
    Free Member

I know what I like, and have bought some as I go over the last ten days. The question is.. Am I better buying here, or are there bargains to be had in the Wine warehouses near Calais?

ji
    Free Member

You may well get more international brands near to Calais, that you can’t get locally. Personally I would get it where you are, unless you are desperate for a UK brand.

Mackem

Coquelles, near Calais has a few warehouse type places.

peteimpreza

In my opinion you will get better value going to a French hypermarket .

We go to the Auchan on the outskirts of Boulogne .

drlex
    Free Member

To keep it MiddleClassWineClubWorld, there’s the Wine Society’s French Showroom in Montreuil, should you be venturing Le Touquet-wards on your journey to/from Calais.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Used the odd bins one a few years back. Some really good deals on new world wines and obviously familiar brands to choose from. French wines I bought from the hypermarket, though the checkout girl warned me in one instance that the Pommard I’d chosen was very expensive! I do look like a tramp though 🙁

Konastoner
    Free Member

Avoid Majestic as its too expensive for what is available elsewhere, Calais Vins in Coquelles is worth a look for the high quality stuff as well as some sneaky little bargains (Siglo 2008 Crianza for £4 each)

The Calais Wines Superstore is the bargain bin of Calais, there’s plenty of quoffable wine starting at £1.50 a bottle.

I’m in the process of working my way through 180 bottles 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

I just spent a load in Calais Wine Warehouse which does some bottles that sell over here at £4.49 is for 3 for £6…..plus they’ll give you a fee tunnel ticket or extra discount if you pre order.

Its a bit on the cheap side, but they have a few better quality wines at reasonable prices such as macon Village for around £4.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wine warehouses near Calais’ is closed to new replies.