Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Wind farms…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How many can be built before all the wind is used up?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like that question. It's nt really valid, but I like it.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Doesn't work like that. On farms you breed or grow things, so wind farms actually breed/grow more wind. No idea how it works

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn't it the &&&&&&& ands ******** of different sides of the planet that cause it as $$$$$ turns to £££ etc?

Edited for mastiles_fanylion

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good point 😀

EDIT:
    Isn't it the heating ands cooling of different sides of the planet that cause it as night turns to day etc?
    Shhh!

Macavity
    Free Member

They have to call them farms to get the subsidies…. or something like that….. or maybe I imagined that.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry 😳

Harry_the_Spider

They are connected to a hook at the core of the earth by a big twisted rubber band. When the band eventually straightens the wind farms will stop spinning, the planet will stop rotating and we will all fall off.

This will happen on July 19th… So if you fancy one last weekend of bikes, beer and large chested awesomeness before you float off into space and die why not sign up for this ?

I hope that clears things up. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

we will all fall off

I still remember the day, as a boy, I tried to grasp the concept of gravity and became scared that if I forgot to remember about it I WOULD fall off.

Andituk
    Free Member

Doesn't work like that. On farms you breed or grow things, so wind farms actually breed/grow more wind. No idea how it works

I think you might be on to something, I've noticed when the turbines are turning, its usually windy. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

skidartist
    Free Member

so in the autumn do we get to reap the whirlwind?

meehaja
    Free Member

they should put wind turbines on boats with sails, then they the turbines can make the wind, and blow it into the sails, saving millions of pounds in fuel costs. Awesome!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

On a slightly serious note (I got to thinking as I walked into town for lunch). How many wind farms would be needed to have a real effect on weather systems?

the-muffin-man

What about siting wind farms near curry houses?

theflatboy
    Free Member
    Andituk
    Free Member

they should put wind turbines on boats with sails, then they the turbines can make the wind, and blow it into the sails, saving millions of pounds in fuel costs. Awesome!

If only we could come up with a way of harnessing the power of the wind these farms generate, and turn it into electricity. We could mount them next to each other and be quids in.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😆

LHS
    Free Member

I notice that they work well in windy autumn and winter when its cold which is ok, but in the summer can we reverse them so they give a nice cooling effect?

Perhaps a well calculated rubber band would work winding up over a few months?

CountZero

I don't think they'll use up all the wind, all those turbines are going to speed the planet up, so creating more wind to drive more turbines. Wind farms aren't really breeding more wind it's just things speeding up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

They are a complete scam, a big white elephant, a totally unnecessary con to get lots of government subsidies into the pockets of cynical 'eco' developers.

There is more than enough wind created by all the trees waving about.

IdleJon

CountZero – Member
    I don't think they'll use up all the wind, all those turbines are going to speed the planet up, so creating more wind to drive more turbines. Wind farms aren't really breeding more wind it's just things speeding up.

If they speed the planet up, will that increase gravity, thus making us evolve into shorter, fatter humans?

alwyn
    Free Member

The real question is how many wind farms are needed before they become viable without government subsidies?

iain1775
    Free Member

If they speed the planet up, will that increase gravity?

Maybe thats why I went downhill faster at the weekend and ended up falling off my bike?
    I blame windfarms for my grazed elbow and bruised shoulder
    bloody windfarms, nuclear never hurt me that way

kevonakona
    Free Member

WooHoo i'm the next evolutionary step.

Why don't we point them at the ash cloud?

millzy
    Free Member

porterclough
    Free Member

"How many can be built before all the wind is used up?" ?

If the wind all runs out, they just run them in reverse so they suck instead of blow.

Dudie
    Free Member

I think they should mount the turbines (the correct term is 'windmills' by the way) on wheels. That way, they could blow themselves to where the wind is strongest and therefore be more efficient.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Wind farms…’ is closed to new replies.