Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Wind!!!!
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Argh, can’t sleep, too bloody noisey outside, effing wind. Two fence panels gone and maybe a third on the way.

Drac

What wind lovely still, clear skies and ground frost here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

75knt gust just gone through here.. Mean aves 60knts..

That’s a bit windy.

South coast on the Hamble River.

😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Wind just woke me up too (London). Was planning a 70 mile ride today, now thinking twice about it….

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

“So what did you do on Easter Monday?”

“I slept from mid-morning, making up for the awful attempt at sleep during Storm Katie!”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“I slept from mid-morning, making up for the awful attempt at sleep during Storm Katie! Katie kept me up all night

FIFY

woodnut
    Free Member

Snowing! Wanted snow all bloody winter.Don’t want it today.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe, it’s blown through here now. Dropped from 75knts at 0500 to 25-30knts at 0750..

Boooooooring.

More wind please 😀

matt_outandabout

The snow thread is this way…

Sick of the incessant snow updates

woodnut
    Free Member

^^^^It’s windy aswell mind.

matt_outandabout

Loving the BBC ‘105 mph gust’ the hat was actually offshore!
    Hype it!

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s just set my house alarm off! (shed door movements)

singletrackmind

75knot gust , so 82mph on the windy meter about 1/2 mile from my flat. Really blew through at 0430 and the house was actually vibrating from the force of the winds.
    Trees down blocking road near me, and water off. All appears to be intact but not ventured outside yet. Bet the roof tiles have shifted again.
    Kept awake for an hour or so , and feel really tired now . 6hrs sleep isnt enough for me.

wilburt
    Free Member

Straaaaavaaaaaaa…

neilnevill
    Free Member

House across the street is getting a loft extension and had a scaffold with temporary roof. Had.. The whole structure is now in next door’s garden. I’m south London but on south side of crystal palace hill so first high ground for 30 ish miles and always get the weather.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ha, bloomin’ soft southerners!!!! 😀
    Its been like that in Wales since October.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Windiest it’s been in the South for years! Just spent two hours with my chainsaw clearing a couple of trees off the lane to our house. Literally awake thru the night waiting for the roof to disintegrate…..which fortunately didn’t happen. Loads of carnage around this morning!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit blowy on the bike 😆

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Well it’s just blown the awning down on the tin tent, that’ll be going in the bin then.
    I love caravanning me 😥

neilnevill
    Free Member

the scaffolders are there now, having put a load more up to secure it, they’ve got the corrugated sheeting and plastic sheeting off and seem to be scratching their heads as to how to get the rest down.

matt_outandabout

😆

I know I should not laugh, but…

matt_outandabout

And I forgot to add – why is the car still parked there?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Windiest I’ve known it in the South too! Woke up at 4am and the house felt more like a flimsy tent on the west coast of Scotland. Several loud bangs and crashes during the night and now have a few corner roof tiles missing, one stuck in the gutter.

Also two sections of fence blew done, but I can only find one.
    Absolutely no idea where to other one has ended up (it’s pretty big, 6ft x 4ft).

senorj

First world issue alert!
    Our magnolia flowers have taken a real battering! It was looking lovely too.

neilnevill
    Free Member

why is the car still there? ‘cos my across the street neighbours were playing it cool…because the car is leased and the dont give a ****, or because they were running around dealing with damage to their roof? I suspect option 2 but i’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

they got it all down safely. got a double width tower standing on both driveways now….not sure if they will put the roof back, doubt its needed now, not just to repair a few ridge tiles and suff but….

house out the back of me has a similar temporary roof scaffolding as they are also doing a loft extension (it seems miving is too costly in london, its mega extensions everywhere instead now), thankfully that one survived….think maybe i should take note of THAT scaffolding firm! 😀

pictonroad

From a friend’s facebook, Southwick beach. 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Crazy!!

egb81
    Free Member

monkeysfeet – Member

Ha, bloomin’ soft southerners!!!!
    Its been like that in Wales since the dawn of time.

FTFY

molgrips
    Free Member

Funnily enough, here in South Wales where we normally get battered, it was just a bit windy, nothing bad.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Wind!!!!’ is closed to new replies.