Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)
  • Wills and Kate
  • anagallis_arvensis

From those oxford types:

Prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority

😆

See if Amnesty International will take up your case.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ninfan are you completely incapable of debate as you just run in with the odd daft comment

I tried debating with you pages pack, when I pointed out that:

Yes, the Royal family places our head of state and international representation above short term politics.
    This is a good thing!
    Having the wrong head of state can turn your country into a laughing stock.

However you chose to ignore it and whinge on about how the evil system keeps you down, saying that pointing out this inherent and serious weakness in electing your head of state was an ‘other people are worse non argument’ – So there seems little point in bothering with debate with you it turns out that you are the one not willing to actually listen to or debate anyone else’s points, is there A_A?

Posh and Becks would be elected president eh thats just an idiot statement. Has similar happend in Ireland or France?

I note you cherry picked your countries nicely!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC_AzVvgEF8[/video]

Edukator
    Free Member

And the holocaust was just “a detail” of history, right ?

Clearly not, he got prosecuted for saying it. Politics evolve and his daughter is the boss now. I doubt you’d get a current UMP politician coming out with this now, or anyone from the FN:

“C’est trés bien qu’il y ait des Français noirs,des Français bruns,ils montrent que la Françe est ouverte à toutes les races et qu’elle a une vocation universelle.
    Mais à condition qu’ils restent une petite minorité.
    Sinon,la France ne serait plus la France.
    Nous sommes quand même avant tout un peuple européen de race blanche,de culture grecque et latine et de religion chrétienne.
    Qu’on ne se raconte pas d’histoire,les musulmans,vous êtes allés les voir ? Vous les avez regardés avec leurs turbans et leur djellabas ?.
    Vous voyez bien que ce ne sont pas des Français.Ceux qui prônent l’intégration ont une cervelle de colibri.
    Essayez d’intégrer de l’huile et du vinaigre.Agitez la bouteille.Au bout d’un moment,ils se sépareront de nouveau.
    Les arabes sont des arabes,les Français sont des Français.
    Vous croyez que le corps français peut absorber dix millions de musulmans,qui demain seront vingt millions et aprés demain quarante ?
    Si nous faisions l’intégration,si tous les arabes et les berbéres d’Algérie étaient considérés comme des Français les empêcheriez-vous de venir s’installer en métropole,alors que le niveau de vie y est tellement plus élevé?
    Mon village ne s’appellerait plus Colombey-les-Deux-Eglises,mais Colombey-les-Deux-Mosquées.”

Google will tell you whom I’m quoting. I reckon just one white family having exclusive right to the throne and the highest rank is the protestant church is racist.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

See if Amnesty International will take up your case.

Brilliant!

bearnecessities

That’s it.

A post that is pretty much entirely in French.

Can it get any more ridiculous in here this week?

Edukator
    Free Member

Would you rather I’d quoted Churchill? His outpourings on colonial matters were equally xenophobic (at best).

anagallis_arvensis

Reagan for all his faults was elected by the people and was governor of california I think for a while before…like that other actor type bloke. Both elected thats life they hardly suit my politics but were politicians. They can come from any walk of life as far as I’m concerned.

Yes, the Royal family places our head of state and international representation above short term politics.

I raised the point of charlies letters to ministers a number of times. Kind of shoots this point in the arse doesnt it?

ninfan
    Free Member

Why, were Charlies letters to do with short term politics?

Edukator
    Free Member

When you consider what happened during the Reagan years you’ll have trouble finding a US president that di more for world peace. Go on I challenge you. Find me a president that did better than ending the cold war without a war. I would argue Obama’s drone deaths in Pakistan are worse than anything Reagan did.

anagallis_arvensis

ninfan – Member

Why, were Charlies letters to do with short term politics?

We dont know they wont release them but even those blocking release say they call into question his impartiality which could cause a constitutional crisis.

DrJ

Reagan was US president when Gorbachev was USSR president. What part he played n bringing the Cold War to an end is debatable.

Edukator
    Free Member

Clearly biased but worth a read:

Reagan and the end of the cold war.

ninfan
    Free Member

regardless of whether he wrote them or just delivered them, the Pointe du Hoc and Berlin (tear down this wall) speeches have to be amongst the most important ever delivered.

zokes
    Free Member

Either I’ve not woken up properly, or I’ve accidentally logged into surrealtrackworld….

maybe see if amnesty international will take you up on it

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In summary we are going for Monarchy makes you racist, they all were in on it with Jimmy and on a daily basis the queen makes AA bring her breakfast I think, with a bit if random Regan was awesome.

jekkyl

What about the important royal debate ………Kate or Pippa?

Here they are clapping all the BS on this thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

K……..

Bregante

random Regan was awesome.

Very random. He was though.

Edukator
    Free Member

You missed Gorbachev was also awesome, Mike.

Kate or Pippa?

Pippa obviously, though Kate does look like a woman drawn by a famous Toronto comic strip artist.

DrJ

There’s another weird thing – 2 hints that look like Woolies checkout girls and you’re all coming in your kegs because they’re “royal”. Such loyal subjects!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pippa’s royal? When did that happen?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    The argument is surely simple enough – either you believe that men are created equal, or you don’t. If you do, then you can’t (logically) support the monarchy. If you don’t, then you can approve of the monarchy, slavery, and a host of other inequalities.

DrJ – Member
    There’s another weird thing – 2 hints that look like Woolies checkout girls …….

I assume the “Woolies checkout girls” comment was intended as an insult. You obviously don’t believe that everyone is “created equal” after all.

So it turns out that you think like a typical royalist, or at least as you claim to perceive royalists. Oh the hypocrisy of middle-class “liberals”.

BTW the common people no longer shop at Woolies – it went bankrupt in the last recession. Keep up.

metalheart
    Free Member

I assume the “Woolies checkout girls” comment was intended as an insult. You obviously don’t believe that everyone is “created equal” after all.

Come, come now Ernie, he said all MEN were created equal, nothing about women….

Edukator
    Free Member

Woolies – it went bankrupt in the last recession. Keep up.

It depends where you live, I went shopping in Woolies not long ago. My wife used to work on the sweet counter in Woolies and is better dressed than either of those two. Letting her loose in Desigual in Barcelona did nearly as much damage to family finances as Francois Holland’s tax hikes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Actually I had thought about that metalheart when DrJ posted the first comment. What does it say about Her Majesty….is his/her real name Loretta ?

Time to re-post this I reckon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I went shopping in Woolies not long ago.

Not in the United Kingdom which is ruled by Her Majesty you didn’t.

My wife used to work on the sweet counter in Woolies and is better dressed than either of those two.

So you think DrP should think of a better term of abuse ? What would you suggest ?

molgrips
    Free Member

The UK is still class based

What?

anagallis_arvensis

The pointless witterings on here about two pretty but fairly plain young ladies just go to show how linked to the cult of celebrity these days. Princess Anne may want to gas badgers but at least she doesnt rely on her looks to get in the papers.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So what?

Both do a good job, what have looks got to do with it anyway?

anagallis_arvensis

Good job? What job?
    Whats looks got to do with it? Well look at the witterings above, the riyals need to be in the papers and need to go on tours to keep up support. If Kate looked like a pig she wouldnt be in the papers as much.

Which would make me less miserable….maybe

Edukator
    Free Member

A class based society.

And they do look like girls on the Woolies sweet counter, Madame no doubt looked like that when she worked there and conformed to the dress code. She’s still the same dress size, I’ll have to ask her if she still has the dresses in the wardrobe at her mum’s place.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….. just go to show how linked to the cult of celebrity these days.

So let’s have a revolution and declare Britain as a republic to get rid of “the cult of celebrity” ?

Self-declared republic, France, has no such problems

Nor does monarchy free United States

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I misread your post then AA, I thought you were saying that (at least) Anne didn’t need to rely on her looks. Obviously looks are important to you – hence the pig comment – so the whole point seems pointless.

Good job? What job?

No smiley?

anagallis_arvensis

Ernie you are just proving my point for me well done.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure what your post proves Edukator. As in all countries some people are rich and influential, some are not. I’m not aware of any legislation based on this though.

anagallis_arvensis

You’ve lost me THM? What are you trying to say?

DrJ

Not at all – hence your charges of hypocrisy etc are misdirected. I am saying that Woolies checkout girls are (were) normal people. No need to drool over toffs when you can have a **** over your pick’n’mix.

Edukator
    Free Member

The British constitution would be a good point to start your reading then, Molgrips.

Then continue with treason law

So if you get seduced by Kate you face life in prison.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That you sound confused

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)

The topic ‘Wills and Kate’ is closed to new replies.