Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Will Smith on Top Gear
  • Northwind

Speshpaul – Member

If Hammond is such a big landie fan why does he talk such bollocks about them and their history.

Lots of fans talk pish about the object of their obsession. Not all fans are anoraks.

cliffyc
    Free Member

@jimjam,good call!,they do put “under/in laboratory conditions” on the blurb!! 😕

Daffy

cynic-al – Member

Will Smith is the lamest of lame actor/entertainers, I don’t doubt he’s a nice guy but as far as worthwhile/artistic output goes he sucks the boaby.

Have you watched “The Pursuit of Happyness”?

cynic-al
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

he sucks the boaby.

What does that even mean?

And if you think that JC means EVERYTHING that is aired on TG, then you are naive, but you don’t, do you and you aren’t, are you?

Poor effort by your standards Al, I expect better[/quote]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boaby

😛

I know JC doesn’t mean stuff, it just irritates me that he comes out with stuff to try look clever/funny, much of it will be taken on board by the masses and some of it responsible for cyclist injuries/deaths

brakes
    Free Member

not a bad episode, plenty of actual content this week rather than spouted drivel.
    prefer the previous version of the Merc SLS but then I love gullwing Mercs – the new one looks like it’s mated with a 911 and produced an effeminate offspring.
    I liked seeing the BMW i8 – lovely looking car, it would be interesting to see how much of the crap Clarkson was spouting was actually true.
    the whole repeated premise that the Landie piece paid tribute to the legendary Defender was rubbish though. it was nothing about the Defender in any of its past guises and was all about a big f-off winch and its separate engine in the back – they could have done that with a Vauxhall Corsa.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m with cynic-al on Will Smith

Poor actor, even worse rapper,and the ego is beyond grating

He’s driven and energetic, I think he got where he is through determination alone, certainly not because of talent

DaRC_L

I wonder did the people who found last weeks episode a laugh riot find that this weeks episode was ruined by features about cars?

Yes it was… 😈

Speshpaul

Northwind “Lots of fans talk pish about the object of their obsession. Not all fans are anoraks. “

Far enough but you don’t have to be an anorak to cover off the basics.
    The paint colour, “they painted the original Landies this colour because its all they had left over from aircraft production.”
    That story about the use of cockpit green may or may true, its a good tale. But the landie he was in and talking about was bronze green.

Daniel
    Free Member

Both stories about leftover cockpit green and the use of leftover aluminium have been proven as untrue by the chief engineer who turned up in Australia a few years ago.

wordnumb
    Free Member

*contains spoiler*

Did anyone else notice that she might actually have been genuinely worried that driving faster than him would harm her career.

I only watched it due to being too sick know any better.

johndoh
    Free Member

I liked seeing the BMW i8 – lovely looking car

I have seen a couple in the flesh now and after the initial ‘ohhhh’ moment, they are actually a pretty ugly car IMO.

spooky_b329

My biggest complaint was that the i8 appeared to have left and right specific wheels and someone had mixed them up 🙂 as the front and rear nearside’s were different ways round. Like putting your disc rotor on with the arms ‘trailing’ rather than leading.

Last time I noticed something like that was on the Scirocco, but they used the same wheels on both sides so one side looked better than the other 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Did anyone else notice that she might actually have been genuinely worried that driving faster than him would harm her career.

No.

tomhoward

Did it not come out a few years back that a BM 1 Series diesel 1.6 was WAY more economical than a Toyota Prius??. Hybrid gubbins and big batteries etc,dragging Prius down?… Good show though.

They spanked a prius around a track as fast as they could, then got an M3 to follow it.

Because the prius only has a small engine, they had to rev the nuts off it to do a (relativley) fast time. The M3 following barely had to do anything more than tick over to keep up. So yes, technically the m3 was more economical in that test, but the test was massively skewed in its favour….

Drac

Just finished watching it.

Was a great episode nearly as good as last weeks but ruined by cars.

Northwind

Speshpaul – Member

That story about the use of cockpit green may or may true, its a good tale. But the landie he was in and talking about was bronze green.

Still not as ridiculous as people who say landies are reliable and practical, while welding bits back on.

toofarwest

mt – Member

Landrover stunt was on the Claerwen Dam in the Elan Valley. An outstanding area for mountain bike rides.

Yes…..yes it is 😀

choppersquad
    Free Member

Can’t really see how anyone had a problem with Will Smith on Top Gear?
    His films might not be to your taste but he seemed a pretty down to earth guy, who whenever I’ve seen him seems to be a pretty likeable, cheerful chap.
    Not like a few other Hollywood ‘stars’….ahem… Christian Bale.

Drac

Can’t really see how anyone had a problem with Will Smith on Top Gear?

Because they couldn’t find anything else to complain about on the show they watch every week just to moan about.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Was infinity times better than last weeks ambulance sh1te. I thought will smith came across pretty well too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s not even a real smith. No forge, no anvil. Nothing.

I don’t understand people saying the Merc looks like offspring of a 911 – a 928 maybe?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Surely a will smith is a lawyer?

MoreCashThanDash

People are surprised at poor mpg figures for hybrids still?

My mate had a Prius as a company car, raved about how it got 55mpg on long runs. His head would have exploded if he owned a an Octavia Tdi!

Drac

Surely a will smith is a lawyer?

Nah nah nah nah nah!

welshfarmer

Infinitely better than last weeks drivel. Enjoyed it all really. Having spent a considerable amount of time hanging from much thinner and weaker winch ropes than that, and having had them snap as well, I know how nervy and vulnerable one feels hanging there. Even though his safety factor was 50:1 in his favour it was still ballsy to winch up that wall as there are a lot of things that could go wrong.

brakes
    Free Member

ballsy but irrelevant to Land Rovers

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Will Smith on Top Gear’ is closed to new replies.