Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Will Froome set his sights on Vuelta now he is out of TdF?
  • soobalias
    Free Member

his ‘looking’ clearly needs work.

insert smiley for the hard of humour.

slowjo
    Free Member

King Harold’s been shot???????

Yesterday’s stage was brilliant, just what the TdF needed. Really enjoyable to watch and most of the usual suspects conspicuous by their absence.

In a way, Froome’s departure makes the race a bit more interesting. Sad for him but one man’s misfortune and all that.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I expect part of his problem is not looking where he’s going

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/

iolo
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/

Hilarious

The best was “missing the stem”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wiggins was speaking at the Pinarello Cycling Marathon event in Italy, organized Team Sky’s bike sponsor.

From the above link, it’s not the place to jump ship.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Roubaix. I rode this year but next year I want to win it. It’ll be my big goal for 2015.

Would love to see that. Not beyond the realms of possibility!

cookeaa

Hour Record and Paris-Roubaix attempts would be interesting could he be heading back to the track?
    Maybe a return to individual pursuit in time for 2016? or is that just fanciful?

atlaz
    Free Member

I think he’s got the Olympics penciled in and I’d be willing to bet it’s as a retirement event. He probably agreed one more year on the road with Sky before working hard on the Olympic events.

nemesis
    Free Member

Hour and PR for next year as he’s said – he’s coming towards the end of his career and would no doubt like to create as much of a ‘legacy’ as possible. Either or both of those things would be huge and are both realistic (not to say definite but they’re not pie in the sky).

Then Rio 2016 to close it off – nice symmetry in his career bookending it with the track and also fewer variables (eg crashing at the TdF…). I could see him in the pursuit squad rather than individual though as GB has a pretty solid squad of pursuiters these days and there’s only one slot for 4k individual IIRC.

ciron
    Free Member

The individual pursuit has been dropped so it would have to be the team pursuit.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ahem… good point 😳

cookeaa

The individual pursuit has been dropped so it would have to be the team pursuit.

Well I’ve learned something…

Biggins in Team pursuit? would BC actually want him?
    Or will they be looking to develop younger riders as a dedicated team?

Now the Team Sky tie in is basically done with, how will BC actually work towards developing World champs/Olympic cyclists?

aracer
    Free Member

Do they want to win?

onehundredthidiot

Llooks like it’ll be a busy vuelta.

cookeaa

Do they want to win?

It was an open ended question, not a rhetorical one, I honestly don’t know who BC might be trying to develop on the track I’m not a big follower…

But I’m guessing they’ll have some younger prospects in the pipeline, I suppose if he does well at the commonwealth games then that’s a good sign, mid point in the Olympic cycle he has some time to focus his training…

Grand tours are out… what’s left?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Froome tweeted today he hoped to see Contador at the Vuelta, so seems to confirm he’ll be riding

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Grand tours are out… what’s left?

Announcing he has joined another team when he is not at a Pinerello PR event. Some teams may be looking for a GC contender for next year and have the cheque book available.

aracer
    Free Member

In which case the answer is yes.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Will Froome set his sights on Vuelta now he is out of TdF?’ is closed to new replies.