Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Will Froome set his sights on Vuelta now he is out of TdF?
  • sputnik
    Free Member

He has not won the Vuelta so is his current misfortune perhaps an opportunity ?

grizedaleforest
    mildred

Well thanks for spoiling my viewing – I had yesterday’s stage recorded in order to watch after my night shift.

Bell end..!

chakaping
    Free Member

Well thanks for spoiling my viewing – I had yesterday’s stage recorded in order to watch after my night shift.

Bell end..!

Language Timothy.

Frustrating when this happens I know, but I don’t go on FB or STW or any cycling sites until I’ve seen the race myself.

chakaping
    Free Member

begins on August 23 in Jerez de la Frontera.

He better remember his sun cream this year, it’s gonna be flipping hot down there!

cheers_drive

As opposed to a bellend being someone who goes on to a cycling forum not wanting to see cycling results!
    The OP was 18hrs after the event 🙄

AlexSimon

Bit rough on the OP – the next day is fair play I reckon.

jp-t853

mildred – Member

Bell end..!

Seriously how can you call someone a bell end for discussing a big news item nearly 24 hours after it happened. Maybe you should give everyone the all clear when you have seen the Germany Brazil game as that was interesting.

EDIT – bit late

njee20
    Free Member

Bit rough on the OP – the next day is fair play I reckon.

Inclined to agree, much as spoilers are annoying. If you work nights you could presumbly have watched it yesterday…

Clobber
    Free Member

Froome is out…???!!!???

Jamie
    Free Member

Bell end..!

I do get over yourself. It’s the next day, so it’s been in all the newspapers, news etc.

… and seriously, stay off a cycling forum if you are trying not to find out the results of a cycling event.

Edit: If this is all a switcheroo, then well played.

jfletch
    Free Member

What sort of person comes to a cycling forum when trying to avoid the result of a cycling race? What a bellend.

Back to the OP… Is Wiggins not slated to ride the Vuelta? I doubt their ambitions will clash as Wiggins is focused on the worlds TT so won’t be in climbing shape but apparently they can’t even be in the same team these days and I’d imagine Wiggins will have dibs after being left out of the tour team.

ell_tell
    Free Member

England won the World Cup?!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d imagine Wiggins will have dibs after being left out of the tour team.

Word is he’s on the way out of Sky, doubt he’ll have dibs on anything.

So who else is likely to be racing the Vuelta? Quintana?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think it depends on how Sky do in the TdF. If Sky have a poor result I think they’ll put out a strong team in the Vuelta with Froome and try and win it. Either way I think Froome will ride the event assuming he hasn’t broken anything in his hand.

jfletch
    Free Member

Conspiracy theory alert: ASO now own 100% of the Vuelta. Maybe they saw an opertunity with a hard tour that might cause abandonments and discouraged certain riders to boots a flagging Vuelta field.

teamslug
    Free Member

Wiggins has won the tour de france…bloody hell!!…they’ll be having the grand depart here soon!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Conspiracy theory alert: ASO now own 100% of the Vuelta. Maybe they saw an opertunity with a hard tour that might cause abandonments and discouraged certain riders to boots a flagging Vuelta field.

Or maybe they have taken some flack about the TdF being a bit dull the last couple of years and wanted to create a more exciting race, which they have definitely achieved so far.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Wiggins for Vuelta would be lunacy surely. I hope Froome does but his right hand guy may well not be up to supporting him if now leading the TdF Team…

Besides I thought he was going back to track after this year.

Seriously mildred how did you get this far and not know? Its everywhere!

spursn17
    Free Member

Froome is out…???!!!???

Glen Miller is dead…???!!!???

stevious

Wiggins has had the Vuelta on his race schedule for some time as part of his preparation for the Vuelta – he’s unlikely to be contending GC but he’ll to be putting in a fair amount of work. Could mean he has the motivation to be a good team mate for Froome, but he might prefer having someone else to work for.

jfletch
    Free Member

Could go either way with Wiggins (which is part of the reason he was not in the tour)

Either he will work for Froome to prove a point that he should have been in the tour team
    Or he will be massively unmotivated and just ride around at the back

Probably depends on where he will be riding next year and how his contract talks are progressing.

iolo
    Free Member

Did Froome actually get hurt or did he spit his dummy out as he couldn’t keep his bike vertical and throw all the toys out of the pram?

IHN

Glen Miller is dead…???!!!???

Gordon’s alive…???!!!???

shifter
    Free Member

Mildred – highlights are repeated on ITV4 at oneish in the morning.

Lifer
    Free Member

iolo – Member

Did Froome actually get hurt or did he spit his dummy out as he couldn’t keep his bike vertical and throw all the toys out of the pram?

Froome is well known for his tantrums isn’t he? Throwing his bike around when things go wrong, swearing at people in interviews…oh hang on…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Quintana v Froome at the Vuelta could make for some great viewing

sputnik
    Free Member

That is what I’m also hoping for Omar.

molgrips
    Free Member

Who the hell is Will Froome? Chris have a brother or something?

iolo
    Free Member

Froome is well known for his tantrums isn’t he? Throwing his bike around when things go wrong, swearing at people in interviews…oh hang on…

So did he spit his dummy?

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh bore off.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you had the injuries he was carrying from the day before, I’m sure you’d have been back sulking behind your keyboard rather than trying to race again.

cookeaa

It will all depend on whether Froome/Brailsford see the Vuelta as part of a useful preparation for the 2015 TDF and I don’t just mean for training but Ironing the kinks out of team tactics seeing how potential team members perform , if so then Yeah it could well mean there will be no trip to Spain for Biggins…

But its a bit early to say… I doubt they even know what they’re doing yet…

rOcKeTdOg

England are out of the world cup!??

*deletes Italia ’90 tapes*

onehundredthidiot

The cycle show were talking about froomes relatively poor Bike handling skills the day before. Did make me wonder how he’d cope with wet pave. Wonder if it was playing on his mind. Would a pro cyclist have a “sod this for a game of soldiers” moment like us mere mortals?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The cycle show were talking about froomes relatively poor Bike handling skills the day before.

Which must surely be bobbins?

After all they’re riding 10,000miles+ a year, I’m pretty sure they’re upto scratch even if they’re not “Saggan wheelieing over the line good”.

DanW
    Free Member

Bike handling is relative and of course Froome can surely handle himself better than any of us here… but if you are less skillful than those around you in a pack of 200 or so then I’d imagine you start running in to problems. Probably not a “poor bike handler” in absolute terms but the consensus amongst the pros does seem to be that relatively he is slightly lacking. The prior crashes on the day and leading up to the Tour won’t have helped at all either…

onehundredthidiot

Plenty of people drive that far a year. The fall, the poor weather, the pave, not everyone enjoys that stuff. If your team has worked with you on your Bike handling, what does that say? Just speculating that the seeds may have been planted and it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

aracer
    Free Member

I expect part of his problem is not looking where he’s going

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Will Froome set his sights on Vuelta now he is out of TdF?’ is closed to new replies.