Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wiggle Enduro Catton Park today
  • project
    Free Member

Big thanks to the organisers,Big Pat,all the riders and all the team helpers,and especially to the first aid people who where very busy,thanks for the dressing on my hand and the diagnosis its infected.( i will get it checked out).

Great commentry from the rambling reporter as well,kept everyone informed.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

+1 Great event, well organised. 😆

Did it solo, hardest thing ive done on a bike, im broken.

Grim to the power of torture, may reflect on it in about 20 years and say "yeh it was 'reet". 😡

Dasha
    Free Member

+2 Did it solo but only managed 9; it was the culmination of the boneshaking decent, the muddy singletrack and that bloody wind that made it tough. Good event though and I'm glad the weather held out.

richmars

Yes, that downhill section was painful, but on the whole I thought it was a pretty good course. Wind on top of that ridge just what you didn't need after the climb. Solo as well, just made 10 laps so pretty pleased.

gee
    Free Member

Muddy singletrack? You obviously haven't ridden there when it's muddy.

It was a great event – everything seemed spot on.

One of the most exciting races I've ever done – ended up 3rd 1min 30 behind 2nd and 30secs ahead of Hope in 4th. Very, very exciting racing.

GB

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Any results up yet, I cannot see any ?

DaveGr
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it once I got going. Got to the timing tent with four minutes spare so I could do a tenth lap 😀 Thought the course was a good mixture – short sharp climbs and some longer ones, Bluebell wood, twisty singletrack and some linking track sections. Made a change to do some sections the other way round to the last few years.

A great course making good use of natural the features of the area.
    I managed to get last expert male in the Night Time Time Trial with a time of 34:45.
    10th/17 expert male 6 hour solo after 8 laps on a fully rigid. 😐

gee
    Free Member

Results are on Rob Crayton's site.

stumpy01

or what……

😀

No pics of me (un)fortunately. I think I must have been going too fast. ehem….

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hello graham!

Saw you on my 1st and last lap and said hello. not sure i could do one of these events solo.. haven't got the legs for it

Yes, it was nice to meet you trickydisco, even if you were overtaking me both times. 😥

trickydisco
    Free Member

es, it was nice to meet you trickydisco, even if you were overtaking me both times.

that wouldn't have been the case if i was doing it solo i can assure you! I always get excited on the 1st lap

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Got 5th in solo elite men, still feeling the effects. 😳

trickydisco
    Free Member

Got 5th in solo elite men, still feeling the effects

What bike did you have? you weren't the torq guy with the tricked out hei hei supreme?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

trickydisco – Member

Got 5th in solo elite men, still feeling the effects

What bike did you have? you weren't the torq guy with the tricked out hei hei supreme?

Nah, shagged out old school Santa Cruz Blur with mud tyres on LOL, see pic below. Some serious bling bikes there, the ralcing ralphs/cross mark were the tyre to have I reckon but i only have one set 😛 What bike were you on? http://www.robcrayton.fotopic.net/p64639409.html

trickydisco
    Free Member

I had a voodoo sobo hardtail with racing ralphs.

My race face : http://robcrayton.fotopic.net/p64638535.html

I could only dream of getting 5th! We came 48th in the pairs. Then again my team mate was smoking between laps. He got quite a few looks (think we were the last to go to bed too!)

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

TD, could have done with a "herbal fag" after about 4 hrs to take the pain away. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Enduro Catton Park today’ is closed to new replies.