Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • cotic bfe
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

looking at a second hand cotic bfe frame. anyone had any experiences with this frame. was looking at a dmr switchback, but heard bad things.

swisstony
    Free Member

well i like my BFe

rotary
    Free Member

My Bfe seems to be holding up well, mine is the full Reynolds 853 version, this year I think only the down tube is 853. I like the geo and you can run big fork too!

simonlovell999
    Free Member

ok. cool. i be only running a 120mm fork

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

MY BFe rides very well with a 120mm fork, although it is a marzocchi z1 so its the same length as a rock shox 130mm fork.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Not had a go but they look really lovely. Gotta love 853.

If you're still looking at other options, I'll take another opportunity to suggest the majestic and wonderful Evil Sovereign.

Phwoar.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I looked at switchbacks a while ago, if you gave one the same abuse as a Bfe is intended for you'll likely snap it. (Unless you're quite light)

simonlovell999
    Free Member

ok. that evil looks evil and ugly. thing the bfe is good enough. ride hard and weigh 85kg.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Used to have an Evil Sov…great frame…but looking forward to building a Bfe as a nice little hack for training on.

GavinB

82kg here Simon, riding a 17" BFe and love it!

Ridden a Soul before, and if you are thinking about 120 forks then maybe a Soul would be better. Depends on what sort of riding you are thinking of, I guess.

Good frames, great fun to ride, well made, well though out – yup, nice one Cy!

Had to laugh as I bumped into Cy at the weekend – him riding a Hemlock on Roman Road nr Hope, and me riding my bouncy bike, as the BFe was waiting on a new rear wheel. I resisted the temptation to say 'Honestly, my other bike is a BFe!' 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ridden a Soul before, and if you are thinking about 120 forks then maybe a Soul would be better. Depends on what sort of riding you are thinking of, I guess.

They both have the same angles maate

GavinB

Yup, I know (owned a Soul for 2 yrs +, and have had a BFe for over a year), but the Soul is a lot lighter, so if the OP is more after an XC frame that can take big hits, then the Soul will be fine. If its for dirt jumping or 4X, then that would be different.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

i looked at the soul, looks a bit sketchy. but i the bfe would better. just for the security and i know it can take it. i dont do jumps or hard drops. and i used to have a kona chute. i do mainly ashton court, maybe over afan, cwn carn.

GavinB

If you are not doing jumps or drops, then the Soul will be perfect. In fact, even if you are doing some jumps or small drops, the the Soul will be sweet.

mafiafish
    Free Member

The soul should handle it all easily, and you're not lugging all that extra heft around.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

but the soul is more money. sometimes i do step riding like 10-15 steps and like to do a bit of street riding

chameleon78
    Free Member

As nice as the Bfe is it's limited to 2 colours.
    I'd love a White one with black graphics or vice versa.
    That Evil is also a gorgeous bike in White.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Jeez the soul is expensive (new at least) Saying that compared the evil it's a bargin.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Soul is WELL up for the kind of riding you describe. Mine's done quite a few decent sized drops in it's time (5'+ to nice tranny), gets jumped regularly (nothing mahoosive) and I used to do a bit of urban on it too. Mine's one of the very first ones (now sports trackends), so the new version is substantially stronger.

I now have a BFe as well. The Bfe has 160mm forks, is a size too small, and is basically a DH hardtail. It's a LOT stiffer than the Soul, and a lot less comfortable as a result for all day stuff (although it climbs surprisingly OK). That said it is quite happy being ridden off the shed roof. I'll certainly break before it will… Toying with doing the Mega on it this year.

toys19
    Free Member

BFe is on my shopping list..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘cotic bfe’ is closed to new replies.