Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • whyte t129 s
  • si69jc
    Free Member

Black hubs and reverb is standard! just the test bikes had hilo i think..

andyxxx
    Free Member

I have a large 129s coming on Friday to my lbs. Not paid yet and impossible to get a test ride, so touch and go wether to buy it or not.

I’m 6ft – sat on Medium and it seemed too small.

I cant tell if i like a bike riding around their car park – it takes a few rides for me.

Still, with the apparent shortage, should be able to sell it on easy enough (without too big a loss) in a few months if i dont like it!

mattjg
    Free Member

Andy I demo’d a medium and was happy at 5’7″. I’d imagine you’d be good on a large.

subsy
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 but with a 34″ inseam.
    The T129S has a pretty long virtual TT (616mm in Medium) so felt right, with the saddle back a bit.
    Large with the saddle forward would have been managedable but felt a bit stretched out.

belly251278
    Free Member

Collected my t129s Saturday did a 37 mile ride yesterday it took some getting used to full sus and 29er wheels, I got to admit half way round I wondered if id made a huge mistake buying this bike but a few tweaks here and there and it began to feel nice when I got to technical sections the bike comes alive downhill it goes so fast u feel ur ready for take off and uphill well I’ve never got up so many hills so easily and quickly, the best thing was getting home and looking at my times on strava 18 personal best times 15 mins quicker overall not bad on a strange bike riding 20 mile into a super strong headwind absolutely love it. ALL I CAN ADVISE IS IF LIKE BE U WANT A DEMO BIKE 1st DONT BOTHER JUST BUY THE BIKE U WON’T REGRET IT 🙂

belly251278
    Free Member

Hello I’ve rode my bike a few times now and it’s great but I’m getting chips on the paintwork fom loose stones that fly up is there anything to stop this happening

higgo
    Free Member

Have you thought about engineering some form of force-field around the down tube?

Don’t turn it up too high though – you may find it affects handling.

somouk
    Free Member

Helicopter tape the downtube.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Mine is covered in chips – the paint does seem to be a little fragile.

Still, it helps make me worry less about falling off and damaging it 😉 The only other issue I have had related to finding a tyre that was a good fit out back – Nobby Nic 2.25″ seems to do the job nicely. Can’t really squeeze anything bigger in (had a Smorgasboard in there for a bit, but it was rubbing the chainstay slightly, especially with a minutely off-true rear wheel – not the stock wheel which is now back in I should add)

belly251278
    Free Member

Hello again I’m really struggling to get round fast corners and technical bits im new to full suss an 29ers so does anyone have any tips to help me :-/

shinsplints

Good troll belly

bonesetter
    Free Member

I rode one a while back but bought something else.

The bike just didn’t feel lively, dare I say felt a little dull. The HTA is very slack and I think this had alot to do with the feeling I got.

The rear works very well and is super efficient and overall a well made and decent looking frame

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘whyte t129 s’ is closed to new replies.