• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by d00m.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whyte frame warranty
  • d00m
    Free Member

I was giving my 2012 Whyte 809 a clean at the weekend and noticed some paint beginning to flake off around the base of the head tube.

I can’t find any info around warrantys on Whyte frames from 2012 – just wondered if anyone had any idea what warranty exists.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Give ATB Sales a call or take it back to your shop? I’ve never come across re paint but they’re certainly very good when they crack! You will have a 5 year warranty from when you bought it, IF you picked it up from the bike shop.

z1ppy

No idea about 2012 warranty but do know the 2013 was only 2 years basic but by registering on the ATB site you got a further 2 years. I’d get onto your LBS/ATB asap…

danrandon
    Free Member

Whyte are very good at warranty, they swapped out my T-120 with a cracked swing arm for a 146 works FOC.

As Zippy said call your local whyte dealer/atb sales and speak to them.

d00m
    Free Member

Thanks all for the advice. I’ve called ATB sales and (because I registered the bike with them) it has a 4 year warranty. Going to take it back to the LBS later this week to get it looked at, photos taken, etc.

d00m
    Free Member

ATB sales have agreed to replace the frame – apparently this is the third 809 returned with the same issue. They have, however, replaced it as a ‘good will gesture’ because paintwork should only be covered for 12 months apparently.

They’re sending out an 810 frame as they have no 809 frames (effectively the same frame but with blue decals instead of green) and I do have to shell out £90 to get the bike stripped down and rebuilt.

Not ideal but at least the faulty frame is getting replaced I suppose.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whyte frame warranty’ is closed to new replies.