Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • WHYTE 19 Carbon…any reviews?
  • grtdkad

Anyone own a 19C or have ridden one?
    What's your thoughts?
    What sort of riding do you do?
    Recommendations, things to be aware of etc please…..

grtdkad

Anybody?

grtdkad

Do we not discuss bikes on this forum anymore then, should I be looking elsewhere?

grtdkad

Do we not discuss bikes on this forum anymore then, should I be looking elsewhere?

grtdkad

..duplicate…

ojom
    Free Member

you ok?

grtdkad

Clearly going a bit mental 😐 stoopid barsteward phone!!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe no one owns one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe no one owns one?

ojom
    Free Member

you ok?

grtdkad

Starting to reach that conclusion, searched the forum and no references for the last 7-8 months…

ojom
    Free Member

you ok?

GJP
    Free Member

I own one, built up in May 2009 and still not ridden due to ******* illness 🙁

It is now back in pieces after stripping it for the wheels and brakes for a winter build project. The winter bike was also built up but never ridden so that is about to be stripped back down to rebuild the Whyte. Can you spot a pattern.

What sort of riding do I do? Are you taking the pi$$ 😀

mashiehood
    Free Member

loving the flooring GJP!

cynic-al
    Free Member

My word that is hideous.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

So the one review we have is that a Whyre 19 carbon makes you ill and compulsively build and strip bikes you wont use? And from Marks comments everyone will just keep asking 'are you ok?'

I'm glad I got the Alu version 😉

GJP
    Free Member

So the one review we have is that a Whyre 19 carbon makes you ill and compulsively build and strip bikes you wont use? And from Marks comments everyone will just keep asking 'are you ok?'

I'm glad I got the Alu version

To be fair I became ill before the Whyte arrived in May although I was in fine health when I ordered it the previous Dec 😆

2hottie
    Free Member

Look at what mountain bike Im sure they did a review at some point and loved it. Buy one!!!

grtdkad

GJP – that looks mint, love it. Hope.you get out on it soon!

grtdkad

Fair point. The online reviews are all positive, but would have appreciated feedback from a stw rider who has used and abused one for a while…

grtdkad

GJP…was a 6-month lead time expected from point of order to receipt of bike/frame?

v10
    Free Member

Had one up until a few months ago. Built it as a bit of an experiment really as i was running with a 120mm fork, tough wheels and 70mm stem as a lightweight but solid trailbike.

Was a great machine, climbed like a racebike and was a very confident bike on the decents, perhaps overly so as i did break it eventually. However with the sort of stuff i was doing on it, considering its a XC race frame made from glue and string i was suprised it lived as long as it did. Would have had another in a flash but the warranty frame was delayed by a few weeks so i sorted something else.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Spoke to one of their guys the other day and I think the 19C is all but sold out, plenty of 19 Races left.

pinches
    Free Member

Got a 19C in at work yesterday, £2399 full bike

decent spec really for the money, the frame is lovely designed, XT/SLX mix, FSA BB30 crankset, SID races etc and sub 23lb.

When they start doing frame only i might be tempted…

Dibbs
    Free Member

My LBS has a Whyte/Marin demo day tomorrow, I'm guiding and I've asked for a 19C to ride for the day. I'll let you know what I think.

grtdkad

Thanks Dibbs that would be really interesting.

V10 – I am a tad concerned that you managed to kill one…how did you manage that then?

GJP
    Free Member

GJP…was a 6-month lead time expected from point of order to receipt of bike/frame?

No but in reality it was more like 5 months. Arrived very early in May.

I can't remember exactly but I think I was originally quoted 3 months – but I took that with a "pinch of salt". When I ordered the guys from Whyte were in the far east still "striking the deal" on production.

Cycleworks and Dave were excellent to deal with so I have no complaints.

Crell
    Free Member

I've had mine for about 6 months, and it's become my regular ride, pretty much regardless of the weather. It's comfy enough on longer rides and as an XC race bike it's not that much of an "arse in the air and head down" ride – well certainly not as I've set mine up.

Clearances have coped with everything until last weekend where it got overwhelmed with some good old Derbyshire Somme mud.

Only niggles for me are the PITA headset in terms of limiting what you can fit, and I've had the R mech hanger come loose. That's it! I also have an alloy 19 and prefer the carbon. More info on the bike and build on the link.

whytetrash

I've had mine for about 6 months, and it's become my regular ride…..means he's been out on it twice :lol:…you sorted that back tyre out yet fella?

v10
    Free Member

Split the BB shell on it, really wouldn't worry about it if your using it for normal use i really didnt treat her nice 😆

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Oh my, I've just seen two bicylces on this thread and I've come over all hot and lustfull.
    Cyclescheme is open again next month, I can see a voucher and some cash being swapped for one of those (I can wait for it to arrive).

pinches
    Free Member

apart from you couldn't buy one on cycle scheme as its a maximum voucher of £1000 and you're not allowed to add to the voucher to buy the bike! you might just get a frame only though…

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

So much goes on in this world that we're not allowed to do.
    Are they available frame only?
    Just found one- £1200. I'm going to have one.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've just spent the morning on the Quantocks on a brand new Whyte 19C demo bike, bearing in mind that I already have 3 Whyte 19's, this one felt more racey/twitchy (but not in a bad way). The front end feels bit lower and it helped me to get up a new steep climb I've had a couple of attempts at this week on my geared 19 Race (and failed). The lack of weight means that it just floats over roots etc.
    If I was looking for a race bike I think I'd have to have one, but I'd have to part with one of my others to make room for it, I knew I shouldn't have ridden it 🙁

grtdkad

That just looks sooo nice!!
    Which forks are on there 80mm or 100mm?

Dibbs
    Free Member

100mm, Sid Race (I think).

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘WHYTE 19 Carbon…any reviews?’ is closed to new replies.