Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Why won't Ukip (nasty word)off?
  • mt
    Free Member

UKIP will not go away because people are prepared to vote for them as they are entitled to do in our free country (so called). It has come to my limited attention recently that UKIP are no longer regarded as the right wing of the Tory party at play but also the voters that Labour require to win an election. Let’s hope both main parties can solve this by listening to what voters want, if they don’t and there is ever a referendum the political establishment may get a two finger salute. Oops did I miss something?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Well Ernie I think dannyh is right the type of conversation I listened too was not common place in my local pubs prior of Brexit – it’s now acceptable for racist **** to run their gobs off in public.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it’s now acceptable for racist **** to run their gobs off in public.

No. It isn’t.

dannyh
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Now they’ve unleashed the latent hatred
    ffs

Ernie. I enjoy reading some of your posts and more often than not you come across as a resoanble person with a constructed argument. Occasionally, like this time, you come across as dismissive and patronising and a bit of an oaf.

Why “FFS”?

In my experience, there is plenty of latent jealously, hatred and racism in UK. There are plenty of market towns in England where a non-white face in the precinct on a Saturday morning will still draw a ‘look’ or two. Should a non-white face appear in some of the more ‘local’ pubs it will elicit more than a ‘look’, sometimes much more.

There are plenty of little enclaves of insular, self-affirming white Britons out there. If a ‘ponce’ from a TV station shoves a microphone in their face they will probably mutter something about ‘it just being the way it is nowadays and we all have to accept that’, but inside they are seething.

Now, hold a general election in which the established parties are bound to take the vast majority of the vote and you will find a lot of these people will vote for mainstream parties according to norms, be that family tradition etc.

However, be stupid enough to ask a question in such a way that these people know their real views may actually be heard and they will let it all show. Democracy – a great thing, if handled responsibly.

So, why just ‘FFS’?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Ok people now accept that racists run their gobs off in public. Is that a better description. Also this was also in earshot of the Landlord who did nothing.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The problem is there is no counter narrative to ukip. Tories are learching to the right pandering to sort ukip voters, and the retired. Labour are a joke of an opposing party and the lib Dems are not trusted after the coalition.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why won't Ukip (nasty word)off?’ is closed to new replies.