Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • So how OCD are you?
  • scotroutes

Saucepans in a dishwasher????

Gary_M
    Free Member

I need to have air vents in the car lined up pointing directly backwards. This includes the ones in the back for the rear passengers.

I’m fine as long as they point at the same angle, if side ones point towards the side window then both sides must be the same. mid vents must point straight ahead but can be angled down or straight back, not up as that looks untidy.

Head restraints front and back need to be at the same height. I **** hate when people get in the car and adjust them, I don’t care if the person isn’t comfortable 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

0% or there about.

jam-bo

not at all. i think it is in compensation for the rest of my house.

+1 with most of the posts here aren’t OCD or even close.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I once met a guy who HAD to lock and unlock his house a set number of times or he couldn’t go in or out. HAD to, he couldn’t remember how it started or why, but that it built up over the years and if he wasn’t very careful the process would become more and more complex and it’s mates would turn up, it was rough because the slightest mistake or distraction and he had to start again.

The rest of you are just fussy.

It’s bit like saying your Cat died, you burnt your t-shirt with the iron and you stepped in shit, your cat’s shit, which ruined your shoes and reminded you that your cat died and now you’re depressed. You’re not, you’re sad, justifiably so.

So also:

Cold / Flu
    Headache / Migraine.
    Not academic / Dyslexic.

On the face of it, unless you’ve suffered the symptoms seem the same, two sides of the same coin and well if you’re not feeling great say it’s the more severe version of the same thing, but they’re not, they’re not alike and they’re not related.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s bit like saying your Cat died, you burnt your t-shirt with the iron and you stepped in shit, your cat’s shit, which ruined your shoes and reminded you that your cat died and now you’re depressed. You’re not, you’re sad, justifiably so.

I don’t think anyone would ever say that, ever.

And if your cat was shit then why would you be sad about it dying?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I have ‘proper’ OCD and I’m not offended!

I have my day to day stuff which to me at least feels normal, most people wouldn’t even notice (years of practice) but when the anxiety levels go up the OCD tends to kick in a bit more.

It used to be crippling years ago but I’m a lot better these days at dealing with anxiety, I tend to let it wash over me where as years ago it would get a proper grip.

iainc

Gary_M – Member
    I need to have air vents in the car lined up pointing directly backwards. This includes the ones in the back for the rear passengers.
    I’m fine as long as they point at the same angle, if side ones point towards the side window then both sides must be the same. mid vents must point straight ahead but can be angled down or straight back, not up as that looks untidy.

Head restraints front and back need to be at the same height. I **** hate when people get in the car and adjust them, I don’t care if the person isn’t comfortable

+1. Also, seats have to be at same height, rake and lined up, distance wise. Hate it when car is in garage and they move both front seats around to hoover it. Go through a routine of resetting drivers seat, then getting out and doing passenger one so it lines up when looking in the windows…. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I have ‘proper’ OCD and I’m not offended!

Again. No-one was offended, merely pointing out the difference in being fussy and OCD.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Yeah, I realise that Jamie, I just thought I’d chip in.

Massive difference, I’m really fussy over certain stuff but there’s a huge gap between that and OCD (leaves thread left foot first, counts to seven waiting for someone to hold the door open).

scaredypants

I am massively unfussy in terms of things like tolerating misaligned pictures, stuff all over the place, filthy car (in & out). My threshold for sorting this stuff out has never really been reached

WHen my wife’s threshold for these things is reached I’m encouraged to sort them out, at which point the other side kicks in and it has to be done properly – which annoys her even more, I think

Dishwasher stacking is a microcosm of things in our house; she can’t leave stuff out on the worktops and puts it in the washer even if the coffee cup is about to be reused, but I end up rearranging what she’s put in the washe so that more fits in and it actually ends up clean

sirromj

Anybody else drill additional holes in the saucepan handles so they drain correctly when upside down in the dishwasher?

No but thanks for reminding me to drill a hole in the icecream scoop so I can drain all the skanky water out which sloshs about when you shake it. One should be able to shake one’s icecream scoop with confidence and without fear of dirty washing up water sloshing around inside the handle.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tidy, fussy, things in the right place – nope. My house, desk etc are a colossal mess and many things I couldn’t give a crap if things are in the right order.

But I have to check the cooker gas is off, oven off, doors/windows locked when leaving the house about a dozen times. 10 seconds after checking I’ll check again. Applies to a number of other things I have to keep checking.

Don’t know that’s OCD though or some kind of paranoia or disbelief in my own actions. Not memory issues as I do remember doing the thing but my brain says no, check it again.

Not to mention anxiety is in there and is worse with higher levels of anxiety.

Been getting worse and it’s a nightmare if I go away for days/weeks. I have to take photos of everything to convince myself when away.

ononeorange

Another messy sod here, in fact I crave untidiness and detest symmetry. On the numbers thing, I have to set the microwave to run an odd number of seconds or minutes, 7s and 3s are great (especially if different) but 13 is right out. seats etc Much better out of line. Nice!

tjagain

I have fussy things I have to do. Pictures have to be straight. Things need to be parallel, right angles etc which caused me issues in refurbishing old property

Jamie
    Free Member

@deadkennedy

Having to take pictures like that would have me concerned, as I am sure you are. Maybe have a word with your GP, or even get a book on the subject. These things can get worse if not checked.

ourmaninthenorth

I know someone who suffered very badly with OCD. Much better these days.

Interestingly they’re not that tidy – house looks tidy, but only because contents are stuffed, haphazard into cupboards.

As I get older I tolerate untidiness less and less. Which is a challenge given just how messy and unorganised Mrs North is.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Not remotely OCD myself but used to support a guy who was absolutely crippled by it – hasn’t been out his house in ten years, no phone, elaborate daily personal care routines, therapy resistant too apparently…..really sad, but a lovely guy nonetheless, completely trapped by a horrible condition.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘So how OCD are you?’ is closed to new replies.