Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why is Garmin Connect Course Creator So Bad?
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I have had nothing but trouble on the last few routes I have created and tried to follow using my Garmin 810.
    It has tried to send me up one way streets, the wrong way along duel carriageways, down canal towpaths and the wrong way around islands to name a few. Then when I decide I cba to follow the route any more and try and stop it the whole unit crashes.

Just looking closer to some of the routes I have created the unit appears to be doing exactly what it should be (excluding the crashing) and the route does actually go the wrong way around islands and the others listed above.

I admit to never examining every detail of any courses I have created I just expected the software to pick a route that doesnt try and kill me. I have the stay on roads box ticked so again I didn’t expect it to try and route me down a dirt track or canal tow-path. I sometimes like to choose my start and end point and like the element of surprise of the route in between. But I cant do it at the moment because its gone wrong too many times and I normally ride to work so Its nearly made me late a couple of times.

I’m now looking for an alternative site to create routes on. I use gpsies for converting routes so that’s one I can look at and I have heard about bike toaster but haven’t used it yet.

Or is it best to keep using garmin connect and check the routes as I create them. I do like how its linked into the phone app so I can download them directly without having to convert them from another site.

rob
    Free Member

Ride with GPS is good

Freester

Ride with GPS is good

+1 I swear by RwGPS on my Garmin 500. Discovered some cracking routes whilst in areas I don’t know so well as well as discovering new routes locally.

I did notice whilst plotting a course on Garmin Connect the other night it does seem to try and send you the wrong way around roundabouts etc!

andysredmini
    Free Member

Its amazing they cant get the basics right considering how long they have been making gps devices.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

It’s because Garmin are a useless shower of shit.

andysredmini
    Free Member

No one seems to make better units though. I remember spending a while looking into alternatives and none had glowing reviews and weren’t without their own issues.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

RWPGPS all day long. Its brilliant

kimbers

Why is Garmin Connect Course Creator So Bad?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I ran out of time before leaving work so I tried again on garmin connect. Tried to send me around a 1 mile ring road the wrong way and 7 islands the wrong way. Wonder if it thinks England drive on the right?

muggomagic

I’ve never used it to create a course on road, but it’s pretty good with off road routes. I plotted and followed the SDW on it a few weeks back with no issues, other than where the SDW had been re-routed around a field at one point.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why is Garmin Connect Course Creator So Bad?’ is closed to new replies.