Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • why in the name of god!
  • foxyboy
    Free Member

why do bike companies keep this insane logic up of everything must be white on a bike. white rims seat stem grips even disc rotors ffs! they all look tatty in a very short time and are not really any good in a mud environment as they get very dirty quite easily. specialized are a great brand but some of their paint schemes are a joke to say the least. call me victor meldrew if you like but it does my head in big time!

timc
    Free Member

I agree, looks tacky!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Fashion – I hate white as well 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

Black post would look better 8)

trailflow
    Free Member

what about this?

trailflow
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thats not a mountain bike though, its a trail centre mincing machine / audi rooftop accessory

thebunk

Checks AND stripes? Is that allowed?

backhander
    Free Member

That nomad is a thing of beauty.
    Needs white rims though 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

White bikes are fine, you just have to wash them, you know, get some water and a brush and remove the crap they get covered in when riding.

peterfile
    Free Member

Not everybody’s cup of tea, but I just built up my first white bike and I love it!

(this is blatently going to turn into a thread where everyone with a white bike posts a picture of it)

clubber
    Free Member

White bikes look good in photos.

Who cares what they look like while you’re actually riding them! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

I love white.

peterfile
    Free Member

Who cares what they look like while you’re actually riding them!

I spent my university years living by this mantra 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clicks on “dislike”.
    Nothing wrong with white for the frame at a push, but white rims / saddles / grips just dont work for me.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Who cares what they look like while you’re actually riding them!

Just for clubber, here’s a picture of me riding my white bike! I love it and it still looks great (black grips and black/grey saddle though)

😉

You think white bikes are bad? What possessed me to buy white kit for MX?!

foxyboy
    Free Member

must admit that your white bikes look lovely, the point i was making is that they show every little blemish and are a pig to keep clean or maybe i am just a lazy t… but white rims and saddles and seatpost and stems and disc brakes is taking it too far. i love the santa cruz and trek though really nice bikes.

Northwind

White saddles are fine as long as it’s a well designed saddle, my Charges both clean up fine and when they wear, they wear white (ironically the black ones look rubbish because scuffs and wear marks show up in white)

Seatposts and grips not a good idea though IMO, can’t anodise white for seatposts so it’s usually paint or powdercoat, and grips can be cleaned up but it’s never worth the hassle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

think you answere dyou own question first post

they all look tatty in a very short time and are not really any good in a mud

so persuade up all to buty a bike and parts that quickly look tatty … now why would a bike company do that ?
    I agree white on any bike road or MTB is just wrong as it doe sjust age so quickly

MrSparkle

Bloody awful is the effect I was looking for when I slung (one of) my white bike(s) together. I think I achieved it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘why in the name of god!’ is closed to new replies.