Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Why do we have to put up with Boardman?
  • Conan257
    Free Member

I mean, we could have had Rob Warner commentating!!!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rob Warner on the BBC…I doubt it somehow

nick1962
    Free Member

Or Helen Skelton……..

Conan257
    Free Member

Oli Beckinsale isn’t racing is he… I wonder if he has any personality though….

It’s rubbish not having any household-known riders…

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

Yes, Warner would be better “Kileen wants this gold more than an unemployed rapist” etc

unklehomered
    Free Member

“He’s gone out the front door, that was messier than a lion raping a goat!”

yeah, missing Rob right now…

spudly1979
    Free Member

Did I just hear right – someone has had their nasal passages drilled out to give him better breathing capability? Really?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Feel the need to reach into tv and slap them both

Warner would have been so funny

_tom_
    Free Member

Warner would have been amazing on this!

unklehomered
    Free Member

The world XC guys would have been better, they’re not liveliest of commentators but they know they’re stuff and wouldn’t just be incredulous at everything.

rjhazell
    Free Member

how many times have they mentioned wheel sizes and 1×10 gearing over the 2 races?

as i type the main commentator just said “when we say 26″ wheels we’re reffering to the diameter”

NigE5
    Free Member

After hearing Trevor Nelson on the opening ceremony I think he would be the ideal canditate

Rorschach
    Free Member

Imagine you’re a normal person,with a life who knows very little about mountain biking (O.k 1 out of 3 is’nt bad).
    Makes a bit more sense.

labsey
    Free Member

Steve Parrish and Charlie Cox from MotoGP. They would be awesome.

Rorschach
    Free Member

“NIGHTMARE IN A BUBBLE CAR”
    “OHH HE’S OVER CLUBBED IT”
    😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

more discussion of wheel size than a bike forum…

watsontony
    Free Member

have these guys ever riden a mtb? or are thay pure bread rodies? thay dont seem to know what thay are talking about just reading from a list of facts

watsontony
    Free Member

and the course is lame!!!

timax
    Free Member

Boardman you blaggin idiot… “650b is for the indecisive… go small or go large… make your mind up!!” in one foul swoop, shows his ignorance!!! FFS 😆

The snow border commentator is no better…. thank god for Google and Wikipedia!!! Rory Hitchins would have been better… or Rob!! ..I’m sure he would have behaved!!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I like the course, don’t think they could have done more.

Commentary isn’t great, esp when Boardman declared Liams Olympic career over.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Boardman you blaggin idiot… “650b is for the indecisive… go small or go large… make your mind up!!” in one foul swoop, shows his ignorance!!! FFS

I bet he won’t say that when Boardmans come out in 650b

Edric64
    Free Member

Missed it til now whats happened to Liam Killen ?

crazy-legs

That was Chris being ironic, not daft.

Kuco

Liam Killen crashed with a suspected broken ankle 🙁

wallop

Didn’t Boardman lead the R&D team which helped our track team become the greatest Olympic team around?

Edric64
    Free Member

Liam Killen crashed with a suspected broken ankle

Thats a real shame poor bloke
    I thought it was a course your granny could ride according to this forum ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, sounded like a joke to me.

Possibly from frustation at having to sell MTBs in another wheel size though?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nice one Ed…How to kill the mood “And his 6 brothers were killed in the genocide…….over to you Chris”
    Nice one 😐

stevewhyte
    Free Member

The ignorance in stw knows no bounds I see.

crazy-legs

Considering that CB is a roadie at heart and Ed Leigh is a snowboarder, the commentary isn’t bad. Besides, it’s not aimed at the all-knowing experts on here, the ones who could ride the course blindfold, the ones who think it’s lame or dull. Like all commentary throughout the Games, it’s aimed at The General Public.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I like his commentary, think he does a good job. A good source of info. and facts aimed at a level for most people who aren’t as into bikes as people on here.

nick1962
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Nice one Ed…How to kill the mood “And his 6 brothers were killed in the genocide…….over to you Chris”
    Nice one

Hope he doesn’t come 4th as Helen Skelton will probably say something like “You just missed out on a medal,I bet you’ve never felt this bad before”

timax
    Free Member

Nope! sounded daft to me… Unless it was a snippet of intelligent comment for the initiated??… 🙄 like he’s qualified at all for that ? if he’s ( he has to) to sell him self as a bike expert he shouldn’t be floatin out brain farts like that!… maybe he can’t help it!… yeah!that would be about right!! he’s afflicted with bullshititus!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well that last bit was daft, derbyshire grit doesn’t get slippy in the wet, its gritstone, not granite… #grumble grumble grumble#

roadiebiker-m.g
    Free Member

I wondered who it was waffling absolutely rubbish. He seems to be saying that everyone who gets a puncture is finishing their career.

Its like hes skim reading a guide to beginners mtbing while jabbering. Apparently you dont soften your tyres if you are racing a full sus

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Liam Killen crashed with a suspected broken ankle

What section did he crash on, doesn’t look that gnarly on TV, must be harder than it looks, surprised to see a few riders off the bike and running some steeper rocky sections.

aracer
    Free Member

650b is for the indecisive… go small or go large… make your mind up!

So he does know something about mountain bikes then.

aracer
    Free Member

doesn’t look that gnarly on TV, must be harder than it looks

🙄

crazy-legs

Timax: it’s just his dry sense of humour. If you’ve ever listened to his Tour de France or track commentary, you’d be able to tell.

As for him being qualified…I think I’d take Chris’s expert opinion every time. He’s forgotten more about bike racing and bike tech than most people will ever know!

Edric64
    Free Member

Well you dont need soft tyres on a hardpack course 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Why do we have to put up with Boardman?’ is closed to new replies.