Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Why am I putting on weight?
  • Tiger6791

hmmmm same issue, think I need to eat less

mboy
    Free Member

Are you residing here with other STWers?

If that was aimed at me, suggesting I was trolling, no not at all. Really I do have to watch what I eat, but to make sure I've eaten enough, not too much! Last bike ride I went on I was in a bit of a rush in the morning, didn't have time for a normal 4 weetabix and some toast before the ride. 2 hours into the ride I was starting to feel faint, by the end of the ride I was really feeling queasy, and that was despite 2 Mars bars I'd fortunately left in my backpack to keep me going (circa 350 calories each iirc). And it was less than a 3 hour ride!

Anyway, as others have pointed out, losing weight is simple Maths. Burn off more calories than you consume, you will lose weight, burn off less than you consume, you will gain weight. Exercising burns a lot less calories in general than people think it does, it's why everybody knows one or two "fat" people who are fitter and faster than them on a bike (certainly I do). And as we're all different, and have different metabolic rates, some of us have to consume vastly more calories than others in order to sustain a weight!

nickc

I just had a bowl of ice cream, (vanilla and chocolate, thanks for asking) I'm guessing it was about 10 calories, but it's OK as earlier I did an 8 mile run which used I'm guessing about a 1,000,000 calories…

It's easy to get these things out of proportion (I guess)

spw3

You are putting on weight because you are eating more than you need. Why is this so hard to understand?

Jamie
    Free Member

I am putting on weight as i am eating/drinking loads in June/July….then back on the wagon August onwards.

Good times 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

tumour ?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why am I putting on weight?’ is closed to new replies.