Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who would buy a set of Thomson handlebars?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

If they made some?

snakebite
    Free Member

Probably.

njee20
    Free Member

No, I wouldn't, but thousands of people would.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Based on how good I think their stems and posts are, yes. They'd have to be pretty good though to beat my Nukeproofs which I love!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Njee I reckon so it always surprised me they don't make them.

MrAgreeable

It would be nice. The finish on their seatposts is top-notch, way more resilient than Easton's.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Don't think I'd need a 'set' of handlebarS

Thomson are a milling company, can't see why they'd want to get into extruding.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Always reliable is STW – a handlebar then. They may be looking into this you know.

Wiki

Bicycle handlebar or often bicycle handlebars refers to the steering mechanism for bicycles.

Evans website

Handlebars One of the key contact points on a bicycle is the handlebars. Having the right set of bars on your bike makes a huge difference in the geometry of your bicycle and the comfort of your ride. For road bikes drop handle bars are the most common, for mountain bikes we stock flat bars and riser bars. Our range also includes BMX handlebars & tri-bars

So, on reflection

Blow me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well considering they would probably be heavy and overpriced (although well finished) like the rest of their products, it would be no for me.

slowrider
    Free Member

they arent heavy considering what they can tolerate compared to lighter, more xc biased stuff. looking at similar products of lesser quality the price isnt much different either.

midlifecrashes

Maybe. The idea of a matching post/bars/stem just seems right it seems daft not to. There must be some out there who won't buy the stems or posts since they can't have a bling matching set. RaceFace/Bontrager/Easton/etc all manage to make all three, why not Thomson?

tails
    Free Member

Probably stick with easton but I'd have a look. Doubt they will though.

nonk
    Free Member

trouble is it lasts so long you get bored of it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

they arent heavy considering what they can tolerate compared to lighter, more xc biased stuff.

As I recall forged stems are stronger than CNC'd stems and comparatively lighter, most 'XC' stems are forged.

brakes
    Free Member

I would, my Thomson stem is probably my favourite bike bit

imagine a Thomson frame?
    that would be all kinds of awesome

Dibbs
    Free Member

Never been a fan of their stuff and its "machined by a bloke in a shed with a lathe" look.

Gary_C

imagine a Thomson frame?

Kitted out with a Hope stem & seatpost…….

😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

i think a thomson stove-top expresso maker would just about finish off some folk on here! 😀

SidewaysTim

I asked Mr Thomson himself a few years ago if they were going to make a handlebar and if I deciphered his very southern drawl correctly, then as has been posted above, the fact they are a machining company and cannot maufacture a bar and would not ever get one made in Taiwan, meant that Thomson handlebars would not happen in the near future.

Taff
    Free Member

it took me ages to be able to ra set of monkey bars as they were my fav bars. I now won't change them for anything else. I have a thomson post but to be honest I don't think it's that amazing but it's strong and that's what I wanted.

Stoner
    Free Member

cant think why Id ever want to use something other than the most perfectly formed monkey bars.

Thomson do OK posts though.

robhughes
    Free Member

another no.i can think of better bars,stick to my easton ct2,s

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who would buy a set of Thomson handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.