Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Who stole Garburn?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Went over Garburn last night and it was very washed out in an entertaining and challenging wsy with deep ruts and drifts of boulders. Going up from Troutbeck would take some serious technique and fitness to clear with out a dab or walk due. Coming down in to Kentmere was great and not anywhere near as rutted until you get to the last part of the trail where it comes out at the farmin Kentmere where the trail had simply been stolen and replaced with giant ruts and boulders.

In summary I can conclude that there has been some serious water erosion!

It is interesting to see trails ever changing with the ravages of the weather, and such dramatic changes as that.

justinbieber

Excellent news. It was far too sanitised before!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I did the same trail the other way a few weeks back and said the same thing!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/garburn-talk-about-trail-erosion

tomaso
    Free Member

Cheers Reggie – no such thing as original thought eh!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Yep I was over there last weekend and was amazed how washed out it was,I do wonder if the reclassification to Bridleway will have a detremental effect to the trail longer term, as there is no “packing down” from motorised use anymore. 😥

Diane
    Free Member

Oooo sounds scrummy!

Drac

Sounds like it’s going back to the good stuff again, now just have to wait for Walna Scar to return and get ride of the Glentress styled descent.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Drac +1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Who stole Garburn?’ is closed to new replies.