Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who makes road stems for 1&1/4" steerer tubes?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’m only aware of Pro (too expensive) Giant and Ritchey. Are there any others?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Zipp Service Course SL-OS

(I’ve got a new 110mm gloss black +/- 6mm)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks, didn’t realise Zipp did them. +/- 6 might not be enough of an angle…

Also needs to be 130 to 140mm long if anyone’s got one kicking about…

davosaurusrex

I’ve got one of the Zipps on my Defy, very nice it is too.
    I run it +6, spacers under and it’s 90mm. In your face Taylforth!

sillyoldman

PRO do them.

TiRed

Have three variants of the Giant, two carbon, they are all good. Also have a nice Ritchey that is well finished. Cheaper on the bay and come with a liner for normal diameters. Nothing in 130, but I ride 120 just fine. Buy a longer bike, lanky :p

taxi25
    Free Member

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/ritchey-wcs-4axis-44-stem-1-1-4-6-31.8-mm-20339

I bought one of these for my Canyon, 130mm seems to be in stock.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well, I haven’t got the bike yet; just weighing up my options. Usually I just size a bike based on a long stem length.
    140mm would be preferable I think, but only Pro seem to do them, and they’re quite expensive. Infact all the options are pretty dear, Giant seem to be the cheapest so I may get one of those.

On a tangent, do any of you guys with canyons use a different headset to the Acros one supplied? It looks like the bearing top cap is a good 10-15mm tall. Do you think it’d be possible to replace it with a lower one?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

davosaurusrex – Member
    I’ve got one of the Zipps on my Defy, very nice it is too.
    I run it +6, spacers under and it’s 90mm. In your face Taylforth!

😀 Get yourself to Pilates.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who makes road stems for 1&1/4" steerer tubes?’ is closed to new replies.