Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Who has the most obscure mountain Bike?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

My Burls 29er is still pretty niche but shouldnt be. You ALL aught to think about buying a bespoke frame from Justin Burls.

DezB
    Free Member

Thought about it.
    Can’t afford it 😉

mcboo
    Free Member

Yes, sorry….you need a spare 1k and there is a recession.

pdV6
    Free Member

Doesn’t get ridden all that often now as I can no longer source the bushes.

wwaswas

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member
    philwarren11
    Free Member

I got a voodoo bokor.

Its rare on here because i bought a bike from halfords and most people on here wouldnt be seen dead with a bike from halfords.

richmars

I win.
    I have a home made carbon fibre full suspension bike. Thankfully (if you’ve seen it), one of one.

tommyhine

I have a Koga Miyata X Runner which I’m sure are pretty common in europe (specially in Holland and Germany) but I’ve never seen another one in the UK and I’ve had it for about 5 years now!

bigdawg
    Free Member

me…

trail bike – tick
    modern – tick
    intended mtb ….hmmmm

fieldy
    Free Member

Well I might as well put mine in there…..

A fusion of two of the best factory AM/Freeride bikes….well that’s what I think anyhow. E150 Spesh Enduro front end and a GT Force 1.0 frame c/w RP23…yum yum!!

alas, I will be building it back up to a large spesh enduro pretty soon and the GT frame will be for sale. Watch out for it in the classifieds!!

ricdiggle
    Free Member

Never seen anyone else on a Mondraker Factor like mine.
    Come to think of it, I’ve never seen anyone on a Mondraker of any kind.

I feel all special now.

vondally
    Free Member

Litespeed kitsuma……….

radoggair
    Free Member

i seen one of those rare Orange 5’s the other day.

Looks minted

fieldy
    Free Member

Was it on the back of an Audi?? 😀

alpin
    Free Member

my DB Alpine is quite rare here in Germany. in fact any modern steel framed MTB is rare over here. ze schermans seem to be obsessed by weight saving.

only met one guy on the trail who knew of the brand and the fact that i’m riding a skinny steel HT on “DH” tracks raises a few eyebrows, too.

have seen a couple of On-Ones here though, my mate’s was one of them.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Mine. Haven’t seen many of these round these parts either.

bullheart
    Free Member

Vassago Jabberwocky. I haven’t seen another, and the firm no longer exist…

jimw
    Free Member

Sorry Vondally, I’ve got a Kitsuma as well.

Nice, isn’t it?

Jim

edit:
    Although it doesn’t qualify as it has 29″ wheels, I have a unique stainless Cotic ( It is still fantastic, thanks Cy)

davidjohn
    Free Member

OCB
    Free Member

My Duncon must be up there somewhere – I’ve hardly seen any online, and none locally (but then I’m a surly unsociable solo rider who pokes about in the back woods, so I don’t often see anything other than commuting bikes anyway) …

yunki
    Free Member

mine’s a deservedly popular STW favourite and yet rare at the same time..

LE Espresso coloured Cotic Soul

bencooper
    Free Member

How about an original Eccentric Tinbred? Probably aren’t many of them about…

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve a eccentric 456, number 2/2 (Not sure if that means there are 2 of them out there or an odd numbering system).

infernocup

Mondraker Foxy R. never seen any one else on one. Can’t understand why as it’s fantastic! Also got a singlespeed hummingbird. Not seen any others around. Currently in 69er winter mode. 😀

bomba
    Free Member

elzorillo
    Free Member

Here’s my bog standard Kona hei hei supreme.. NEVER seen another one in the flesh.

6079smithw
    Free Member

nicko74

Setavento Ti hardtail – I’ve never seen another.
    Bloody lovely to ride though.

I had one about 5 years ago, built up with a Rohloff. Liked it, but didn’t love it, and ended up swapping it for a Soda. Probably says more about my understanding of custom frame building than anything…

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Sorry mrjmt if have one of those, but I’m a beardy bloke with a shed. Only other ones if seen have been on eBay so still fairly rare.
    Still ride my fully rigid 96 saracen tufftrax when I start to take fs for granted.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Who has the most obscure mountain Bike?’ is closed to new replies.