Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Who got their new iPhone 4 today then……
  • megastream
    Free Member

I was thinking about making an early trip into town this morning, anyone got theirs yet?

What's it like?, worth the upgrade?

jam-bo

meh. still pissed off with o2 for not letting me upgrade by phone.

unlikely to be any left in stores by later on this afternoon by the time I can get to one.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

No one has one yet stores only open at 8 and post man has not yet started i would have thought.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Taff
    Free Member

Mostly sold out by 10am around here

cookeaa

I would have got one already but I had to shop for some new polo neck jumpers and some rimless glasses…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i can't believe that people are so anxious to upgrade their phones. It's consumerism & geekdom gone mad.

njee20
    Free Member

I had time to kill this morning before the train, so I wandered into Crawley, there must've been 2-300 people queued outside O2, absolutely unbelievable! Just walked back up through Guildford and there was still a significant queue out of the door even now.

They told me on Monday that they had 3 days supply, but I wonder how many that actually is!

I want to get one, but it can wait, definitely not one of the proper fanboys!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Before going out and getting one of the first batch if I were you…..

Good call. That's 1/2 the reason I'm hanging on – Teething problems.

wwaswas

I spent an hour on hold to Orange this morning and now have one arriving tomorrow as an upgrade.

It's my birthday next week and the kids want to have something to 'give' me otherwise I'd have waited a week or two.

spacemonkey

Nice work ZaskarCarbon. Who the hell is in charge of Apple's QA? Hmm, let's sell a phone that loses signal when you pick it up … WTF?

mboy
    Free Member

i can't believe that people are so anxious to upgrade their phones. It's consumerism & geekdom gone mad.

Normally wouldn't be, but my 3G iPhone is 6 months out of contract, the battery has practically died on it (like ANY 2 year old phone I might add, so nothing unusual there) and as I like iPhones I wasn't going to get anything else.

So popped into town, the queue didn't look too long (only about 40 people at my local store), though it still took its sweet bloody time to diminish as most silly sods were having to **** about paying lots of money to end contracts on other phones early… That's the silly part if you ask me. At least all I had to pay was £29 (I use quite a lot of minutes so on the tarriff I wanted, the phone is only £29!) and sign a new contract… Well, and wait in the queue, but then I knew I had bugger all else to do today anyway.

warton
    Free Member

just had a go on you, lad at work has got one. if you hold it so you cover the left hand corner the signal drops completely. I'm left handed, so I'm probably not going to get one because of this. Shame cause the HD video and facetime (he phoned one of his friends who also has one) are both excellent. its also lovely to pick up and hold, a really nice piece of kit, just don't hold it in the wrong place 🙄

EDIT: all the field testing they did was with the 4 internals in a 3G case, as they didn't want people to see the design. so the issue with the new case and signal failure never came to light #testfail

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I have a iPhone 3G and hate it. Worst phone I've ever had.

MarkN
    Free Member

Bleedin edge technology and the pursuit of it always has its issues. Yes it is nice to have the latest but 9 times out of 10 they come with bugs and issues. It is not just an Apple thing either. Many manufacturers fail to catch all the bugs before release.

wwaswas

I'm getting a 'skin' for mine I expect which will avoid the 'shorting the aerial' issue.

warton
    Free Member

I'm getting a 'skin' for mine I expect which will avoid the 'shorting the aerial' issue.

True, but doesn't this defeat the point of having a nice sleek phone?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Went to local o2 shop at 1.30 just to have a geeky fiddle with an iphone and they had all sold out – Had a pre-printed sign already so they new they were gonna sell out. I wonder if each shop got ltd stock to keep the geeks happy 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

Ordered my upgrade (from my old Sony Ericsson) online at 7:20 am and I am still awaiting my delivery date so it maybe tomorrow or it may be July – who knows. I've waited until version 4 so I guess I can wait a few more days 🙂

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Those problem reports are mounting…. There are a lot of unhappy customers out there.

I was planning on getting one in mid-July when I venture down to London…. Might just keep the SIM card in the old Nokia for now though, until they've sorted the problem out.

I'll be forking out £500 for the phone because I'll be getting it SIM free – I want one that works properly!

No doubt the turtlenecked wonder that is Steve Jobs will be offering a few solutions in his normal manner, such as "cut off your left thumb", or "turn down the brightness so you can't see the yellow bits"….

WHY did Apple not pick up on these faults…?

toomanybikes
    Free Member

I'm still waiting for Apple to launch the APP that turns my 3GS one into a usable phone, still waiting though

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

If you're paying a premium for a phone like this, you shouldn't have to get a cover just so you can get a signal. Why not just get a phone that works properly, or wait till Apple sort their game out…

crikey
    Free Member

So….. the most talked about, desirable, technologically advanced phone in the world drops calls when you hold it in your hand?

Really?

Like, really really?

I fear I may need the attention of a surgeon to stitch my sides back together…

wwaswas

I tend to put a skin on all my phones as I prefer holding them when they have that slightly 'tacky' feel you only get with a skin or a good soaking with fresh orange juice.

If I wanted soemthign small I wouldnt' get a smart phone.

warton
    Free Member

but surely having something that works is better than having something that doesn't? The lad in our office is already holding it in a strange way….

I'd be taking it straight back, rather than paying more money for an item that makes it work!!! (and I own a macbook which i love, before I get accused of being a hater)

wwaswas

I agree, I'll see what it's like when it arrives and return it if I think the issue is too big.

wwaswas = 'never owned an Apple product before in my life'

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    I tend to put a skin on all my phones as I prefer holding them when they have that slightly 'tacky' feel you only get with a skin or a good soaking with fresh orange juice.

Fair point, but personally I don't think I could live with having to put a case on it, as an integral part of my £500 phone's main functionality.

I reckon Steve Jobs must just REALLY have something against left handers.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Who got their new iPhone 4 today then……’ is closed to new replies.