Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Who else has had a lovely day?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Made a picnic, nearly everything homemade from bread to cake and lemonade, went for lovely ride, (slightly spoiled by puncture) Met up with Chris and some of his mates at a pub, where they bought us drinks. snooze, now the Gymnastics is on.

:mrgreen:

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s been absolute corker of a day, long walk to the pub, another on the way home. Dinner in the garden with lovely bottle of wine. Not sure my liver is on speaking terms but i don’t care 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

In the garden all day, playing with the kids and doing a bit of gardening, was at Gisburn yesterday so has been a great weekend.

matt_outandabout

Aye, myself and family_outandabout nice easy brekkie, furtle n wash the bikes after a weeks riding, canoe on Loch Tay and picnic, gardening to finish.

All in T-shirt n shorts

jon1973
    Free Member

good day for us. We’ve been working hard in the garden and got loads sorted out, so a great sense of achievement as I sit here with the laptop, in the garden, admiring our hard work.

yossarian
    Free Member

Nice ride today and lots of stuff planted and cut back in the garden. Kids are in the bath, dinner’s on and about to have a beer.

All good.

emma82
    Free Member

Me!!! BBQ with the family on a beautiful farm with lambs playing in the field, chickens clucking around. Was all very darling buds of may. I’ve gone very pink now though 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Yep, top day for me, out on the bike at 9am, 30mile route done, the puncture didn’t make me angry nor the broken bridge, (I had to get wet feet in the river instead) Got home watched the F1 on time slip on sky (play it at x2 condenses the whole race perfectly) Just got back from walking the pooch, now lets start another assignment for Uni..

allthepies
    Free Member

Met up with Chris and some of his mates at a pub, where they bought us drinks. snooze

That will be the Rohypnol .

TheFlyingOx

Magical day.
    Fly fishing on the Tyne in East Lothian. Caught bugger all other than the sun, but still had a good time. Also spied a very sweet looking bit of foresty undulating singletrack running along the side of the river, so that’ll be given a go tomorrow. Now back at home with a cold one waiting for the missus to arrive back from a Hen Weekend, then we’re off to the pub quiz.

Oh and BBQ before pub quiz 😀

ivantate
    Free Member

me, me, me and I am confident I will not be bright red in the morning!

emsz
    Free Member

I am confident I will not be bright red in the morning!

uh huh… 😆

Which can’t be said for GF who is slapping on the aftersun as I type.

emma82
    Free Member

Lol. I was just wondering how many bright pink and slightly hung over workers there will be tomorrow.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Spent most of the day scraping all the winter commuting clag off the Brompton and replacing tires, brake blocks and chain.

Deep sense of satisfaction, nice shiney bike.

joolsburger
    Free Member

20 miles of perfect riding in the Surrey Hills this morning, shown some stuff that is just the nuts. Home for a fettle and then BBQ tiger prawns and chicken that’s been marinading since last night, little bit of tennis with the kids this avo and a kip in the hammock.

About to jump in a deep cool bath…

Life – is – good.

Harry_the_Spider

Went swimming with my boy. Made a picnic. Went to Martin Mere with the wife and kids.

Ace.

Jamie
    Free Member

30 mile road ride (so thats 100miles in the last 7 days).

Arsenal actually won a game.

Can’t grumble really.

epicyclo

Great day. Had to strip off layers. Lovely sunshine even up here in the Highlands.

Took my “new” X-Attic (assembled from bits lying around the attic) for an 30 mile amble. Nothing fell off 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Good looooong walk on the moors with the dog today – just enough wind to stop it being too hot. Carted round camera and tripod – didn’t take a single photo 😮 Not unusual that….

molgrips
    Free Member

Yesterday, went to Starbucks (rare treat these days), then some shopping (Mrs Grips found some clothes that work, also a rare treat), then out cruising the countryside looking for a picnic spot. Found an absolutely massive lakeside beach (of sorts) and park, with loads of people all doing various hobbies and having fun, got a few decent pics of some boring birds and some nice ones of Mrs Grips and Meggie.

Today decided to do nothing. Lounged around, had some late food, had a snooze, sat out on the balcony with Mrs Grips drinking iced tea whilst Meggie slept on, then went out for a 45 min training ride which went really well (being 5kg lighter really made me feel zippy on the climbs), tacked on another 1.5 hours riding on the end of it, found some absolutely beautiful countryside and gorgeous villages with a fantastic Alpine backdrop. Now Meggie is eating pasta in front of Shaun the Sheep (yes I know) and I’m re-heating a tasty iDave compliant meal.

yunki
    Free Member

had a lovely weekend in the sun so far.. although no riding..

yesterday I had a few choice ales with a good mate while we watched yunki junior pottering about in the garden..

today.. house to myself.. mrs yunki and junior yunki were at the beach with friends.. which meant loud big beat classics for me all afternoon while I worked on a painting that I’ve got a lot of love for.. interspersed with tea and fag breaks in the baking sun..

lovely

allthegear
    Free Member

Me! Rode yesterday, not today but warm sand between my toes is almost as good! Lovely walk on the beach with friends, food and then a rather lovely pub for a couple of hours is always good…

Rachel

Drac

No riding today but went out with the Mrs and no kids, lunch of a steak sandwich from Nando’s with a beer whist sitting in the sun. It was in Old Eldon Sq so lots of errr people to watch too whilst eating lunch. Also we had no kids this am before we went, so lets say made the most of that.

Oh then I got dragged around the shops.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

A nice gentle morning watching the grand prix. I then rode to visit my grandparents, and then to watch my brother play football (rest of the family drove), got a lift home with them as I was pretty knackered. Nice sunny dog walk and a good home cooked roast dinner. Off out to enjoy the last of the evening sun with someone I haven’t seen since Christmas.

Pretty good day I think!

Revision starts tomorrow…

Cougar

Went to Nidderdale for a pootle round the reservoir. Turned into a hurtle down the roads on the outbound half, pausing several times for me to pretend to be a photographer, then an unexpected Hill O’ Doom at the halfway point before some offroad swoopiness with just a pinch of gnarl on the homebound leg.

Got home, made a grill-up (like a fry-up but less lardy) and am about to make a start on a nice ale and some of the OH’s homemade apple crumble and custard.

Terrible day, obviously.

Drac

Off out to enjoy the last of the evening sun with someone I haven’t seen since Christmas.

Santa? It’s Santa isn’t it?

Cougar

Must be, it’s a couple of weeks early for Jesus to be making an appearance.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Helped to Marshall a mtb race this morning and then took my first look at drumlanrigs trails. I will be going back. Those roots look like they would make a good ride in the wet!

TN
    Free Member

I have had a fantastic day.
    Wharncliffe with Mr TN and a couple of our friends, Sallie and Gav. Sal had never ridden anything like that before and had a whale of a time and when she got the nerve up to ride over the wooden bridge the smile on her face made the three of us feel SO proud. She’s hooked! 🙂
    The sunshine and cold cider afterwards were just cherries on the cake.

Then home and a bit of tending to my fledgling veg garden – all my tomatoes, peas and two thirds of my aubergines have germinated and my early crop spuds are coming through.
    I then made the dandelion jam I started preparing yesterday – it tastes quite nice but it’s not set so it’s more like dandelion syrup than jam. Reckon it’ll be lush on pancakes…

Vegging out in the front garden now with a glass of rosé cider.
    Mmmmmm.

😀

emsz
    Free Member

LOLing at Drac 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

woke up to give mum her birthday presents and make her lots and lots of tea, slow chilled morning then a bike ride with stepdad to the beach where we met my little nieces and had a fry up in front of the sea. over to the new park thats been built like a giant sunken pirate ship in the sand and 2 1/2 hours of playing with my nieces, mrsconsequence and step-dad whilst mum watched and enjoyed the fresh air and sun after a week in hospital having tumours removed.

ride back to the house and some birthday cake before driving back home, mrsconsequence is upstairs swapping all her clothes around to ensure the “summer wardrobe” is at the front, i’m downstairs hiding in the shade so this sunburn doesn’t get worse and catching up on t’internet… film soon together then bed

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarvelous.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome 50 mile road ride today to Uffington White Horse, several beers on the way back, happy days. Just come back from a great meal for my Mum’s birthday with another couple of lagers.

Add that to the 75 mile ride yesterday and if someone wants to give me a massage then that’d be just perfect.

allthepies
    Free Member

What’s your postcode big boy ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

SL3 3PY

ronjeremy
    Free Member

yep, cheeky roadie this morning, and then made a picnic and went for a second date on the beach as she wanted to meet my dog, so nice bit of walking, chilling, chatting and a laugh, with a lazy lunch of bread, meat and cheese, all seems to be going well, so we’ll see, (date lasted for about 7 hours, so that a good sign no?) now home for a cheeky cider, and to prep for work tomorrow, roll on more Sundays like this

brooess
    Free Member

50 mile club road ride today with cake stop in the middle. Showing first 2011 tan lines from Friday’s hack round Edale too.
    First shorts rides of the year 8)

emsz
    Free Member

date lasted for about 7 hours, so that a good sign no?

Yep 8)

GF just announced “you made picnic, I’ll make tea” It gets better!!!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

thanks emsz, and now to try and think of something/where for the potential third date….

slight edit, what time do you want me round for tea?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I nearly met Stoner 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Awesome 50 mile road ride today to Uffington White Horse……Add that to the 75 mile ride yesterday……

Good work Sir.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Who else has had a lovely day?’ is closed to new replies.