• This topic has 47 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Who else eats lots of sweets?
  • devon_roadie
    Free Member

This is my kind of thread! I know my habit is bad, I have to have something sugary every day. I may eat 1-2 easter eggs a day over easter, they’re always on offer and taste soooo good 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

I don’t really have a sweet tooth anymore, someone suggested that it’s because I get all my sugar from beer!

MoreCashThanDash

I sometimes have to go past the Swizzels factory in New Mills. The smell!

miketually
    Free Member

I got through three packets of biscuits over the bank holiday weekend, because I was marking coursework. A packet of chocolate hob nobs on Saturday, a packet of digestive caramels on the Sunday and a packet of shortbread on the Monday.

I also bought a pair of 30″ waist shorts 🙂

I was in work on the Tuesday, so only had a half packet of banoffee jammy dodgers when I got back in.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not so much sweets but we get through a lot of biscuits at work. Currently ploughing through some ginger nuts and jaffa cakes, I’m gonna get fat again if I don’t control myself 😆

Suggsey
    Free Member

How does your body deal with maintaining a healthy blood sugar level in a healthy human? Stress your islets of langehorne enough and maybe it will bring on type 2 if you are genetically predisposed to it like I was! Excess of sweets like excesses of any food stuff is not good for you in the long run! If I can stop one person by making them think about potential for diabetes then all well and good IMO!

mashiehood
    Free Member

blimey, im amazed at some of the sugar consumption levels! 😯

WillH

murf – Member
    I can easily munch 4 cakes a day, plus extra if I find it in the house.
    I seem to be some sort of genetic freak though as I’m 5ft10 and 10.5 stone. Been eating like this since mid teens and never gain weight. I’m active though and eat well other than my cake habit. Changed jobs last year and got a medical, blood sugar levels were fine.

Am I lucky or heading for disaster?
    Same here, except 6’2 and 12.5 stone. I swear milk chocolate M&M’s are coated in crack or something, I trog through them like there’s no tomorrow. Or sometimes I’ll get a *big* bag of sour jellies from the pick’n’mix at the supermarket, I can just eat and eat and eat…

Apart from the sugar my diet is good – lots of fruit and veg, wholemeal this that and the other, lean meat etc. etc. But on top of that I eat loads of sweets.

I thought that the sugar/diabetes link was that a high-sugar diet is likely to make you fat, and being fat increases your chances of getting diabetes. So an indirect link, but a link nontheless. But I’m not at all fat, and have regular blood tests (due to other hereditary factors I need to keep an eye on, but a check for diabetes is included), my doc has no concerns about my diabetes risk.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Who else eats lots of sweets?’ is closed to new replies.