Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whippet Bottom bracket
  • Shorty12
    Free Member

So I was going along on Friday and my NDS crank falls off. I realised I put too many spacers on the NDS so I assume the crank wasn’t properly engaged. So I took the spacers off and installed the cranks again and all going good on tonights ride but the same thing happened.

What’s causing this?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Which cranks do you have?

Shorty12
    Free Member

Hollowtech 2

dantsw13

I’m going to guess SLX.

Shorty12
    Free Member

Yes

johnj2000
    Free Member

I have a KCNC BB with hollowtech and all is fine here, onlyz thing that has fallen off it is me.

dantsw13

On the NDS on an SLX there is a little thin spacer on the end of the cranks , that goes in the gap with the 2 crank bolts.
    It has a small pin in it that fits in a hole on the axle. The pin gets damaged, and this makes it easier for the NDS crank to come loose.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Missing end cap?

dantsw13

[/url] Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

Looks like item 9 on this diagram

Shorty12
    Free Member

Seem to have got that. The splines on the NDS crank seems to have gone smooth half way through if that makes sense.

dantsw13

Check the pin on the black spacer. It’s pretty fragile and can come loose. The pin has to be located in the axle hole.

It may be that having come loose twice, the crank splines have now worn too. If so, at least a new crank arm, which will cost almost as much as new cranks 🙁

Shorty12
    Free Member

Yeah i’ve ordered new cranks and hopefully have no more problems

Shorty12
    Free Member

I don’t think I have number 10 either.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whippet Bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.