Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Whinlatter – Grip Issues? (warning…… tyre content)
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I'm planning a trip there tomorrow, so I'd better make sure that I miss that turn.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Yep – be very careful not to accidentally take that turn 😀

Might see you up there ChatsworthMusters – although I have to head out at about 8 a.m. tomorrow to get a ride in 😥

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I should be at Powter How by 9AM. Aim is the bridleway to pick up the blue, south, north then hopefully that descent ^^^ if I can find it. I'll be on a white P7, with the wrong tyres on!

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Went today, in the rain. Found the descent ^^^^ As there are signs saying "No cycling" I walked all the way down – honest. Wish I'd known about the rock step at the very end, the video doesn't really show that. Good job I was walking, otherwise I have had a "moment"!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

http://vimeo.com/2365505

Seldom seen decent from Whinllater,great 😀

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

If you're driving any distance surely it's better to ride some proper trails?
    Not against trail parks per se ,but when you have some of the best riding in the country so nearby,I can't see the point.

AndyN
    Free Member

strange place to ride, even when dry can seem slippy under the wheel

haddock
    Free Member

oops wrong thread..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

the rental bikes are cube acid HTs. They have 2.0 smart sam tyres. These slide a lot on the slaty corners which must be anticipated. I prefer a consistently grippy tyre but you get used to it! I enjoyed the blue and the north red.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter – Grip Issues? (warning…… tyre content)’ is closed to new replies.