Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which winter shoes/ boots?
  • Aryian
    Free Member

Which winter shoes/ boots? fed up with cold feet and think it’s time I got some more suitable footwear at a reasonable price, any suggestions? thanks.

Kahurangi

What’s your problem? Cold feet? Or wet feet getting cold?

p.s. what size are you I have some Lake winter boots for sale 8)

p.p.s. lots of recent threads on winter boots recently. Have a look through using the search function.

Aryian
    Free Member

Shoes are a bit tight so cuts off the circulation a bit with seal skinz, therefore getting cold and numb. I need a 44, got a 43 just now.
    Cheers.

Leigh
    Free Member

i rate my northwave celcius boots, warm and keep your feet dry until its deep enough to go over the top

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    Kahurangi

MW80’s are cheaper at CRC. Just sayin’.

Aryian
    Free Member

thanks for the info.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Got myself some NW Celcius boots recently after much (about a year of~) humming and hahing. They’re good. I went a size up. Probably should have gone the extra for the Arctic version, but there’s room for a thicker merino sock in mine if needs be.

soops
    Free Member

mw80’s 🙂

jordie
    Free Member

+1 Mw 80
    i have had them for three winters in Scotland now 6 months use every year and they have been great.I used to always have cold feet faffing around with Sealskins ans overshoes. I know somebody who bought some Pearl Izumi one which looked good but they fell apart in 3 months.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Gearne polar boots – far better than others at the same price IMO

They keep my feet warm and dry most the time!

scuttler

MW80’s – 105 quid from Lex’s – http://www.lexs.co.uk/Default.aspx?ProductId=20516 in all (normal) sizes but go up a size so you can stick extra socks in but the boots themselves are insulated.

They’re absolutely brill.

kiwijohn

My MT90’s have just seen out their fourth winter, with a few more to go. Not exactly cheap, but a good investment.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Try these Diadora Arctic Boots I’ve got some – recommended.

andy7t2
    Free Member

i’ve got some specialized defroster, i know some people say that there not warm enough but never had a problem with cold feet even in the snow conditions last year, if you have good circulation i’d get some defrosters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which winter shoes/ boots?’ is closed to new replies.