Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which of these tyres would you people choose?
  • addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

the choice is maxxis highrollers 60a 2.35 dual ply or conti 2.2 rubber queens? thanks.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Having used neither I think I can make just as valuable a decision as the next man.

Maxxis.

😀

(disclaimer: no account of riding location, style, weather or rad'ness has been taken into account with this decision)

sv

Rubber Queens should be lighter – depends on type of riding you do. Maxxis dual ply will take a lot more of everything (including effort!)

Kevevs
    Free Member

the maxxis is a fab tyre imho.

scaredypants

wot sv said, DP maxxis are well heavy (and the STacky are way better for grip than 60a but also q draggy)

where/how you ride might make the difference

SC13NT1F1C
    Free Member

I use conti race kings 2.0 at this time of year… cant beat em there great.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I use Maxxis AdVantage 2.5 all year round. Great tyre but crap rider.

Northwind

Not madly impressed with the Rubber Queen myself. It rolls like a smaller tyre but it also grips like a smaller tyre, and they carry a pretty big weight penalty. Nice on the back of a hardtail because of the tall carcass, makes for a comfier ride than most. But far too expensive. You can say "Oh, it's got magic black chili rubber"- but it needs it to compete with tyres with dull everyday rubber, so that's not much of an advantage.

Good tyre all round but just one of many.

sailor74
    Free Member

they are both a similar width, the queens are much higher volume though which means you can safely run them at lower pressure without pinch flatting.

the queen grips better in more situations, especially on wet roots, the HR does corner better though.

if your riding involves some air time i would go queen, if you are looking for quick over the ground and good cornering then HR.

the dual ply HR's weigh a ton, if weight isnt an issue then if they will fit your frame the 2.4's are even better than the 2.2's.

personally i run 2.2 queens on my trail bike and 2.4 queens on my freeride bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which of these tyres would you people choose?’ is closed to new replies.