Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • which messenger bag?
  • sunshiner1der
    Free Member

so in the past I’ve had a Patagonia Critical Mass bag (not great for on the bike as straps aren’t in the right places) but plenty big enough to use as a walk on bag on planes or as a weekend bag, probably a bit too big for what I want this time.

I also love the Timbuk2 bags, and have the smallest version which is too small, perfect as a handbag but that’s about it. I also had the Knog Pronto in the past, but the fact it only fastened with velcro was annoying.

So my question is… what’s your fave messenger bag? Or what should I be looking at?

dogbert
    Free Member

Timbuk2 or Chrome are my faves, Timbuk2 probably best for on and off the bike, that buckle on the chrome might get a bit tiresome after a while

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

only trouble with chrome and that style is they make you sweat – if you get one with a longer strap and let it ride on the small of your back it won’t be as hot, but not as stable for load carrying.

bigdawg
    Free Member

bought my timbuk2 in 95/96 – use it every day on the bike – still not got an excuse to buy a new one… Will prob last me at least another 15 years

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Timbuk2. I have a large, plain black one as carry on luggage and to carry laptop around to work when I’m away. It’s utterly perfect.

MrBlond
    Free Member

CFh + 1

I use a black one with the laptop sleeve in it for work trips and a minging bright red stand-up-in-court-and-say-you-didn’t-see-me one for the commute

turboferret

Bought a Timbuk2 when I was a courier in London in 2001, seen plenty of regular use since then and still going strong.

Cheers, Rich

MrSmith
    Free Member

custom bagaboo

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Bought my Timbuk2 when I was a courier back in about 1989 and used it as a courier for 8 years.
    Since then it’s been used as a fishing tackle bag and has had some heavy use.
    Still going strong and still waterproof.

They’re indestructible!

plumber
    Free Member

Timbuk2 med here 5 years and going strong, great for most everything but I still prefer a rucksac on the bike

theflatboy
    Free Member

timbuk2, and if you get it from spreadshirt you can customise it with your own design as well. 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Pimpin’.. 8)

one_bad_mofo

I used to use a Timbuk 2 and still own just don’t use it. I’ve also been through a Fisher Outdoor leisure bag, a Soma Fab hemp bag and I’m now using a Bagaboo daily and it appears to be lasting better than anything else I’ve had.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Those NorthFace ones are the dogs – mrs deadly has the ickle black one and I have meejum Green (well obviously) one. Both great bags.

Crumpler and Timbuktoo and you won’t go wrong either.

konabunny
    Free Member

Crumplers seem very well made imhe.

TiRed

I like my Chrome, but I use Ortlieb pannier/briefcase for daily commuting duties. Son1 rides to school with it. Well made, big enough for a day, and I like the clip! It’s bright orange too 8)

footflaps

I love my Howies Chevron bag, but sadly they’re not selling them right now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I have the medium north face one in orange. It’s pretty good but I’ve not much to compare it to. Sits lowish on the back, and can carry loads. Though the big clip thing on the shoulder strap seems to always be in the wrong place for me.

Quite fancy replacing it with one of the Brookes ones though 🙂

wombat

Are the North Face medium ones big enough for a laptop & associated leads/mouse?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Timbuk2, without a doubt. I’ve got a medium one that i bought (secondhand) over four years ago and use every day on my commute. Still going strong. Also have a large, which i got directly from timbuk2 and customised the panel colours. Ideal for weekends away.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got a laptop, loads of leads, books, a waterproof and loads of other stuff in my north face. Will easily do a 15″ laptop though is just a little too small for the big MacBook.

Edit: has clips and Velcro to close it with lots of adjustment so you can really load it up and still get it closed.

seanoc
    Free Member

TNF one is pants for anything other than a city commute; the bag won’t stay on your back if you’re on the drops. It’s a pain in teh arse to find things in and isn’t at all water resistant. I use mine for hand luggage and general duties; wouldn’t imagine I’d use it on the bike unless i’m just popping to the shops.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have 2 Timbuk2 bags and they are ace! If you go to their website you can custom make it! Colours, liners, what pockets you want, what colour logo! Definately worth the money. They are awesome.

Jackrabbit
    Free Member

Used Chrome bags while I was a courier. No problems with them.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘which messenger bag?’ is closed to new replies.