Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which Messenger Bag?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Im looking for a medium messenger bag, I heard a lot of people get timbuk2 ones and the only other company I can find that do them is north face anyone know how these compare to them, they look quite nice and 10quid cheaper?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/North-Face-Messenger-Bag-Bomber-Blue-Medium-18-L-/280518830118?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_Bags_Panniers_SR&hash=item415039a826

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/userimages/procart31.htm

thanks

soma_rich
    Free Member

I would get a crumpler. My Wonder Weenie is 10 years old now and still looks brand new been through all sorts with me 🙂

Clong
    Free Member

Bagaboo, if you can wait while its put together.

MSP

I would get a backpack, and avoid the humiliation of being a fakinger.

IHN

2nd Bagaboo

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've been using a Pakuma one for a couple of years, partly based on a good review in STW a few years back. It's been great and I use it as my laptop bag even when not on the bike.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Clicky click

I have one of these its really good for shite weather. Doubles up as a life saver if you fall in a river. Can't argue with that.

donks
    Free Member

Wonder weenie for me too…mine gets used everyday for work the shops and even as a changing bag for the nipper.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Chrome citizen..
    Love mine really stable even when stuffed full.
    Also keeps laptop dry on the way to work even on motorbike in the rain.
    Had it a few years now and it still looks like new.
    They are expensive but i think they are worth the money.

oddjob
    Free Member

Depends a bit on what you want it for…

Chrome and bagaboo are good for waterproof indestructability and Timbuk2 and Crumpler are nicer to look at and somehow softer and nicer to use.

Yes I have far too many bags, god ónly knows how much of a handbag problem I would have had if I had been born a woman.

bob_summers

didn't have to wait long for a bagaboo, less than a week IIRC. happy with mine, used daily and keeps a change of clothes dry in minging weather. if i was to buy another i'd have the foamy back protector option though (stops pointy things jabbing you while riding).

wildrnes
    Free Member

If you are not carting loads of stuff about the keen messenger bag has been fine since september/october, when I got it

Matt

zbonty

I bought one of the STW ones made by Pac and it's superb quality and used daily and looks like it will last forever.

My Timbuk 2 one desintegrated after about 12 years and I'd previously rated it highly but Pac one beats it in every way.

paulfulford
    Free Member

Very happy with my Chrome bag.

paulfulford
    Free Member

Very happy with my Chrome bag.

one_bad_mofo

A very happy custom design Bagaboo user here. Oh and any custom design they make they only make once, so you can have a unique bag.

carrotcake
    Free Member

Bagaboo here aswell.. Three years of abuse and commuting.

I know a couple of UK outlets, Richard at http://www.urbanhunter.biz/ to mention one hold a few instock.

grimey
    Free Member

Manhattan Portage for me. Had mine for 7 years and its taken daily abuse. Really happy with it.

myheadsashed

I use a North Face one to keep my paperwork in while onsite – durable cheapish not amazing

I have a crumpler one which is excellent

An old ADC one which had about 10yrs couriering cost nowt my mate gave me it.

but I really want a bagaboo one!

highclimber
    Free Member

arcteryx Mistral – love mine!

IainAhh
    Free Member

I also have a crumpler, loads of pockets – has a laptop inset bag.

Great bag used it most days for over a year, bike, train, general use as man bag – looks the same as when I bought it.

I do cover it when riding home in the rain due to being off road.
    It is reasonably waterproof though.

orena45

I've had a Crumpler Donny Frank for 3 years, use it for commuting and general bag useage…still looks new despite all it's use! Highly recommended.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which Messenger Bag?’ is closed to new replies.