Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which knee and elbow pad?
  • crasher
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting knee and elbow pads and have been looking at the six six one's. Which ones would you recommend and why? Also would you go for just the knee pads, or the knee/shin joint pads? Thanks.

stompy

661 Kyle Straits……… mega comfy, don't even notice I'm wearing them half the time.

sonik
    Free Member

yeh, i agree, mega comfy.
    a mate had some shin protectors, but he found they cut into the top of his ankle!!!!!!!!!

Kuco

I've got POC elbow pads that I find very comfy.

Del

kyle straits as above, or you might want shins if you use flats i guess. i use 'hardshell' arm/elbows' ( raceface ones ). knees tend to bang into things, arms and elbows tend to slide.
    the 661s are very comfy, but if you do get any rub from pads then sudocream sorts it.

robhughes
    Free Member

661 d30,s are great dead cumfy and light.

grahamt1980

the 661 evos are awesome, **** expensive though

Paceman
    Free Member

I've used POC VPD Pads and 661 Kyle Straits, both excellent. Dainese elbow pads i've also found very good.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

3 times i've hit my knee hard with Kyle straits, one bruise, one haematoma about 7cm in size, one trip to A+E for a washout and stitches. They do get worn when i wouldn't wear my Raceface FR knee/shins as the 661 KS pads are pretty comfortable. I've crashed loads in Raceface FR but never hurt myself through them. Draw from this whatever you like, no 2 crashes are the same.

The straps come off the older RF pads eventually, the new models appear to use a different method to attach the straps.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

661 kyles comfy enough for pedalling – had a few bangs and OK so far. you may need to re-sew the pads from time to time -stitching is a little iffy IMO. Would buy again.

grantway
    Free Member

I use the White Troy Lee Knee and shin pads £65 quid
    but excellent.
    They have a two part system. You first put on a neoprane sock
    over the knee this is padded and with velcro fixings
    This sock can be worn when doing XC/Trail riding.
    The plastic armour velcro's to the knee of the sock
    and two straps one around the calf muscle and one near the ankle.

Nice and light and a dam good Downhill pad too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which knee and elbow pad?’ is closed to new replies.