Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • which heaters are best?
  • restless
    Free Member

i have a large ish (6m * 3m) conservatory. i currently use a 3kw oil filled radiator to heat it, but it is still a bit chilly in there.
    i also don’t know if it costs a lot of money to use. it is on constantly because the conservatory is my baby’s play room.
    so is a convector heater better, cheaper, or just a few fan heaters, ceramic ones or not???
    i am confused 😕
    any recommendations out there?

chiefgrooveguru

All electric heaters are essentially 100% efficient so there’s very little in it. Heaters which have very high temperature elements, like fan heaters, tend to dry the air. Underfloor heating does give greater apparent warmth per kW presumably because of the feel of a warm floor and also because they don’t encourage air currents which increase the rate of heat loss to the outside – but the installation cost is usually prohibitive.

saladdodger
    Free Member

as above 3kw output is 3kw output

the thing which I do like about oil filled rads is when they turn off on a thermostat the heat decays gradually, as opposed to turns off

restless
    Free Member

yes my oil filled radiator clicks on and off as i leave it set on the thermostat.
    i have never had a convector/panel heater type before , thats why i was wondering if they were better at heating a large cold room.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘which heaters are best?’ is closed to new replies.