Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which games console for a family
  • roverpig

Looking for a games console, for use by the family. Particularly interested in multi-player and active games (sports, dancing etc) i.e. games that we can play as a family although kids also love minecraft on ipad. Ability to watch iPlayer would be a bonus, but not a deal breaker.

duffmiver
    Free Member

xbox 360

holster
    Free Member

My dad has Xbox kinect (sp), which is great for the family and multiplayer – you use your body as the controller which is v fun with the sports games. I also have a feeling that you can play Iplayer etc through xbox, but I would double check that!

roverpig

Thanks. Most of the online sites seem to recommend the Wii U for some reason. Better family friendly games? Having a single gamepad and some standard remote controllers sounds like a recipe for a fight though.

phiiiiil

BBC iPlayer with a Kinect is ace, you can control it completely by talking at it. You don’t need a paid for Live subscription either.

I keep trying to talk at it while playing DVDs and am always disappointed when it doesn’t listen to me…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Wii with Mario Kart/ Wii Party – Done!

molgrips
    Free Member

PS3 has a fair few games for slightly older kids, 6-7 or so. And the playstation move.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which games console for a family’ is closed to new replies.