Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Royal Mail
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Any body having a punt on the shares ? ive set up a Sport car account and used some money from it for the shares.

rondo101
    Free Member

Good stagging opportunity given the recent media hype, imo. Long-term I’m not so sure.

flip
    Free Member

All them shares will probably get lost…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Between me my other half and her family we got £4000 worth if accepted.

Harry_the_Spider

Steve77
    Free Member

In for £7k though don’t expect to get near that. They cost £3.30 and will be around £4 on Friday according to the spread betting firms so it’s a standard Tory electoral bribe in my view but if you can’t beat em join em. If I get allocated all £7k and make £1.5k I’ll be over the moon

postierich
    Free Member

bloody leeches!

russjp
    Free Member

I get £500 worth of free employee shares, would love to buy some more but don’t have another £500 laying around.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

£750 minimum so you only need £250 🙂

footflaps

I’ve put in for £5k.

robbieh
    Free Member

bloody leeches!

. I’m with you mate as i’ma nearly ex postie getting medical retirement. makes me laugh how all these rushing to buy shares which could go horribly wrong very quickly, are probably the first to come on here whining on about how long it’s taken for their latest bike bit to come and that we’ve probably stolen it or lost it somehow….hope they all lose a packet.

footflaps

hope they all lose a packet.

Spread the love…

project
    Free Member

anyone else notice, how little mail theyre recieving lately, not even junk mail,latter deliveries and more missing stuff.

Later deliveries or non at all, with stuff heaped up and delivered every few days.

Then there is the strike comming soon.

robbieh
    Free Member

What many don’t realise is that RM’s profits look good because they have’nt given us the rise we should have had on April 1st and they’ve sold a lot of buildings plus not replacing staff that have left. Offices. Are now running on a shoestring helped by the lower volume of mail in the summer months, that’s changing now with Xmas approaching and they won’t cope much longer. Glad I’m getting out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Later deliveries or non at all, with stuff heaped up and delivered every few days.

Yup. The street didn’t get any mail today. Imagine it will be carried over and come tomorrow.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not invested myself but would have if I had some spare cash around. Funnily enough Parcelforce have just lost some roof bars I returned to the vendor I bought them off. Was supposed to be Parcelforce 48, but its currently Parcelforce 72 and counting. I hope the insurance cover comes good or i’m £100 out of pocket, but either way its a real faff. To be fair its the first time they’ve failed me, but i’ve only used them a handful of times, but if they keep that up the shares might not come to much.

Also I’ve just used the Collect+ service with Wiggle recently. I bought some shorts, they were the wrong size, returned them and received another pair at the correct size. Got to say its brilliant. This is the sort of thing that we need for modern lifestyles rather than the card dropped through your letter box for you to go and collect your parcel at a time completely inconvenient to you. Hopefully the privatised RM will get with modern times and start thinking about providing a service that suits peoples modern lives. But not losing peoples parcels would be a good start.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes, possible stag although div yield versus bank account looks ok for holding on.

maccruiskeen

hope they all lose a packet.

thats more Parcelforce’s department isn’t it? 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Also I’ve just used the Collect+ service with Wiggle recently. I bought some shorts, they were the wrong size, returned them and received another pair at the correct size. Got to say its brilliant. This is the sort of thing that we need for modern lifestyles rather than the card dropped through your letter box for you to go and collect your parcel at a time completely inconvenient to you.

Yes, It does seem very peculiar that over the past few years they’ve forced us to go across town at increasingly restrictive times of day to collect from the sorting depot as a matter of course, when they have a (post office counters) presence on every high street…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Itl all go pete tong imo lads at work scratting about to buy shares. Is there no “holding” term where you cant sell for a certain time? I owned shares in my old firm. Media hype floated went plc all that bullshit and we all lost a fortune!!! Firm crashed and went to kpmg and they were a mahoooosive firm.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Nice Robbieh real nice.

Think you’re wishing bad on the wrong people.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Selling the royal mail is wrong, like selling council houses was. Having some principles, I’m out.

robbieh
    Free Member

Nice Robbieh real nice.

Think you’re wishing bad on the wrong people.
    maybe. lets see how the share prices go after a week or so. Funny how RM won’t let it’s employees sell for 3 yrs. I’ guessing they’ll be worthless like the last lot they gave us.

robbieh
    Free Member

Double post

stavromuller
    Free Member

They seem to have lost an item I posted first class last week, utter sh1te outfit that needs investment from government not hiving off for short term gain

novaswift
    Free Member

Seems like a lot of folk think privatisation is a good thing. TNT took over in Holland and they are now lobbying the govt there for a 3 day delivery.Believe me, this is going to be a mess

footflaps

7x over subscribed. Looks like anyone bidding for more than £750 will be severely scaled back.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/09/royal-mail-shares-700000-applications-vince-cable

Funny how RM won’t let it’s employees sell for 3 yrs. I’ guessing they’ll be worthless like the last lot they gave us.

That’s pretty sensible, gives you a stake in your own success / failure…..

binners

Can anyone tell me why, given the somewhat questionable justifications for privatising it in the first place, that with it massively oversubscribed, why 70% of the shares are reserved for ‘institutional investors’?

Seems to me like the same old thing as every other privatisation. Hand over a monopoly to our mates to make a quick killing on, and do the bare minimum to maintain the ludicrous charade that the public will somehow benefit in the long term

footflaps

to maintain the ludicrous charade that the public will somehow benefit in the long term

Nothing to do with that, it’s just a bribe for the next General Election, hence they guarantee people make a decent profit on day 1 to buy their vote….

Ro5ey
    Free Member

‘institutional investors’?

You got a pension Binners?? How about an insurance policy??

Yep

That’s ok then you are in.

Me… I’ll be waiting for the inevitable pre-xmas strike, see the punters get scared out and the price get smashed.

binners

But if everyone is now only going to get £750 worth of shares, then all they can expect to make is enough to pay for a night in a B&B in the lakes

You don’t have to be comparing it to BAE Saudi Arms deal slush funds to think that, as bribes go, this is a really, really crap one! Mind you…. following on from the £3 a week marriage tax break…..

Meanwhile the usual suspects will make an absolute killing! How much have Goldman Sachs charged in fees?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

given the somewhat questionable justifications for privatising it in the first place

You mean like the fact that neither the Tories nor the LibDems have any mandate whatsoever to privatise the 500 year old institution, and that overwhelming majority of the public are opposed to it ?

Two-thirds of British adults oppose the privatisation of the Royal Mail

The democratic wishes of the British people are clearly very low down the list of priorities for the Tories and LibDems.

acidchunks

Selling the royal mail is wrong, like selling council houses was. Having some principles, I’m out.

Chalk and cheese. The problem with the sale of council houses was that they didn’t use the funds raised to build new ones.

why 70% of the shares are reserved for ‘institutional investors’?

Because “we’re all in it together”? 🙄

The split will now be 67:33 according to Peston: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24471622

gonefishin
    Free Member

Chalk and cheese. The problem with the sale of council houses was that they didn’t use the funds raised to build new ones.

Well that and the fact that they sold them off at well below the market rate.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Well that and the fact that they sold them off at well below the market rate. “

Was that a good thing or a bad thing ??

khani
    Free Member

Cue the usual moans of a shit service, high prices and huge profits taken in five years time…

khani
    Free Member

Again…

binners

“Well that and the fact that they sold them off at well below the market rate. “

Ask ’Dame’ Shirley Porter

footflaps

Cue the usual moans of a shit service, high prices and huge profits taken in five years time…

David Hinde’s shop is on another thread…..

gonefishin
    Free Member

Selling of state assets at well below their market value? I’m going to go with bad. Remember that before the “Right to Buy” tennants had the right to buy their council house, they just had to pay the market rate. When anyone says “I couldn’t have gotten on the housing ladder without this scheme” what they are actually saying is “I couldn’t have gotten on the housing ladder without a massive handout from the government”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail’ is closed to new replies.