Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Dogtag insurance for BasqueMTB holiday – sport of sport+ ….??
  • redwoods
    Free Member

Has anyone been on holiday to BasqueMTB and used Dogtag for their insurance before? If so, what level of cover did you go for? ‘Sport’ or ‘Sport+’?

I’ve have had a read through their explanation of the different levels of cover, but I’m still undecided what level to go for, given the sort of riding we’ll be doing on one of the Basque Coast holidays.

I’ve asked Doug but unfortunately he’s ‘legally unable to offer advice on insurance’ so I thought I’d ask on here and see what other Basque/Dogtag customers have gone for?
    I imagine there might be van uplifts involved on some of the days but I wouldn’t really describe it as a downhill holiday. Don’t want to get caught short but equally don’t want to pay more money if we don’t have to! 🙄

Thanks in advance, Oh Knowledgeable Singletrackerists.

redwoods
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd.

maxtorque

My advice, the Sport+ only adds a small cost, and considering what the overall holiday is going to cost, makes up a minor percentage. And when it comes to insurance companies, why give them any “wiggle room”!

professor_fate
    Free Member

On your holiday you don’t want to be worrying about if you have sufficient cover or not, just enjoying the experience… get the best you can justify, better to be over- than under-insured.

carlos
    Free Member

professor_fate – Member
    On your holiday you don’t want to be worrying about if you have sufficient cover or not, just enjoying the experience… get the best you can justify, better to be over- than under-insured.

And when it comes to insurance companies, why give them any “wiggle room”!

Personally I went for extreme cover, prob ott, cost a few more ££ but in the grand scheme of the trip cost and the potential cost IF anything happened it was IMO worth it.

teef
    Free Member

I imagine there might be van uplifts involved on some of the days

You’ll need Extreme cover then

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Redwoods. I’m not meant to comment on specific insurance policies, apparently it’s a legal thing. What I can tell you though it that we will definitely be going to the tops of some mountains with the intention of blasting back down on rough tracks. Some of what we will do some people might consider the actions of someone mental, as indeed I have been accused of in the local shops by someone who recognized me from my videos! We will definitely be gaining height in the van, somedays we will be doing all the height gain in the van. We will even be riding some trails that the local downhillers shuttle and use. It is all enduro / xxc / am / trail / cicloalpismo / whatever the kids call it now and definitely not DH but I think it is a long way from what a layman would consider “normal cycling”. On top of that you guys are a skilled and fit group so that means I will be planning my rides accordingly 🙂

Does that make sense?

Mackem

Do they cover extreme eating?

Onzadog
    Free Member

“skilled and fit group”.

That’s made my day!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Mackem, extreme eating is only covered if it is accompanied by wine or sidra. Something to do with a digestion clause.

Onzadog, you know it! I´ve already got a couple of classic rides planned 🙂

jfletch
    Free Member

Alternatively…

When it comes to insurance companies, why give them any more money than necessary!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I use these for my rock climbing, skiing and MTBing insurance

redwoods
    Free Member

jfletch – Member
    Alternatively…

When it comes to insurance companies, why give them any more money than necessary!

Well that was my thinking – want to try and keep holiday costs to a minimum where possible.

Thanks for your comments Doug – it seems that from what you’ve said (and others here) and through our emails with Dave at Dogtag, we need to go for the ‘Extreme’ level of cover.

Am officially a gnar Doris!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Dogtag insurance for BasqueMTB holiday – sport of sport+ ….??’ is closed to new replies.