Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which cycling rucksack to take 15in laptop?
  • ibnchris

I need a new cycling rucksack because the old one is getting knackered but would also like it to double as my commuting pack if poss. So ideally looking for a decent pack that can take a 15in laptop. Maybe even with a laptop specific sleeve. Ideas?

100mphplus
    Free Member

I have a Dakine Apex and it fits my 15.7″ laptop in easy.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Budget option: alpkit 20 l Gourdon + neoprene sleeve?

jeff

Using an old one of these here

http://www.deutergb.co.uk/bike/trans-alpine-30/

mark88

I use a Dakine Point pack, picked one up for under £20 a couple of years ago and have used it daily since.
    It’s not a cycling specific bag but does have a chest clip and I use an elastic band to attach the two adjustment straps around my waist.
    It has a large main pocket comfortably big enough for lunch, gym kit, towel and trainers and a separate sleeve at the back for holding wetsuits so I presume is waterproof so I use it for the laptop.

hatter

Thule backpacks have every good laptop protection in them, I’m using a Paramount Flap-top ATM.

Pleasingly office friendly as well.

charliemort

I have an osprey quasar – not massive amount of protection but good for cycling and has a lap top sleeve and pockets for pens and stuff

winston
    Free Member

Merlin are still doing the Hydrapak Jolla at £40 which is a total bargain

I bought one last year when they were £50 and its my most used rucksac when I need to actually carry stuff – its massive though so not great as just a hydropak for riding. Pockets everywhere and a netbook/ipad sleeve, though a 15″ will need to go in the main compartment

chrssmale
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Northface Bigshot 2 for the last few years. Good solid pack, comfy and lots of room though could do with a few more compartments maybe. Also laptop compartment doubles up for a bladder.

TiRed

Deuter Race EXP takes mine in a sleeve with power pack, accessories and a few clothes. Not the largest rucksack, (Shoes are always a struggle, but I keep mine at work), but it is supremely comfortable and kept off the back with some clever webbing. Comes with an integrated cover and helmet strap. It also doubles as my off-road pack with a bladder.

I rode in this morning doing intervals and never noticed it.

ibnchris

Hi tiRed is it this one http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-race-x-rucksack ?

Does it actually have a sleeve inside or do you put it in a sleeve first?

TiRed

No mine is the EXP-andible version. 15 to 18 litres, and you need all of them. There is no sleeve, I use a separate Neoprine one. Fits in fine.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-race-exp-air-rucksack/

It is excellent. Buy a red one. Mine’s grey.

darrell
    Free Member

rapha

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which cycling rucksack to take 15in laptop?’ is closed to new replies.