Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which chain retention and bash guard for Santa Cruz Blur LTc?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Being a recent convert to 1 x 10 on my Santa Cruz Blur LTc,
    i now ‘need’ a chain retention device and bash guard that’ll fit.
    It’ll have to be BB mount (no ICSG tabs) and i remember reading about some issues with some devices.
    Any input from da STW massive??

wrecker
    Free Member

I have an E-Thirteen LG1 Tr. Works perfectly. No bash.

b45her
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-MRP-MINI-G2-SL-CHAINGUIDE-BB-MOUNT-BLACK-CHAIN-GUIDE-DOWNHILL-FREE-RIDE-DH-/261035285023?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D200773078158%26ps%3D54

this is the one i had on my BLTc but nearly all single ring BB mount devices should be fine.
    the chain device problems on the blur’s occur when you want to use a 2×10 chain device like the e thirteen TRS+ they hit the chainstay because the bottom link is so low.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve been using the BB mount E-13 XCX on my Blur Trc has been fine so far with the XTR + rear mech.. 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Same fitting issue as my old NomadC. The lower VPP link & dropped chainstay get in the way of the guide.

The wider MRP that was made for the Mojo HD reportedly fits without fouling. All the E13’s I tried you could fit them, but never in the right position. Maybe the new LG1 Trail has a wider fitment to allow it fit properly.

The only one I found that fitted properly was the Straitline Silent Guide. Which incidently is the best guide i’ve used to date.

wrecker
    Free Member

The only one I found that fitted properly was the Straitline Silent Guide

ISCG only though isn’t it?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not sure to be honest, as the Nomad had tabs – but not an issue anyway – Blur uses a normal BB, so can just use a BB mounted ISCG adapter to mount it with 🙂

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which chain retention and bash guard for Santa Cruz Blur LTc?’ is closed to new replies.