Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Which Bike Company would you LOVE to work for?
  • nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Many of us dream of a job in the industry, and many of us have already worked one and are loath to go back 😆

BUT

IF you could work at the bike/component manufacturer of your choice .. what’d it be (and why?)

For me, I’ve always been hugely impressed with HOPE .. their super-trick factory and commitment to high-quality in-house UK manufacturing has always turned my head (and my wallet)

If hope wouldn’t have me, I’d go work at Cannondale and hammer out some even freakier bikes 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Voluptuous Magazine.

The last thing I lie awake thinking about is working for a bloody bike company… 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mint sauce key tat maker
    No matter how shonky your stuff is our how long you take to do it they are happy.

nbt

Hope would be good. COmmencal would be good too as they’re based in the pyrenees which i love 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

one that paid me for the work I did and didn’t take the attitude that everyone is expendable because some other sap will be along any moment to fill their spot if they leave. also one that doesn’t expect packing boxes to be your dream job.

sc-xc

unhappy times at O-O thepodge?

mikey74
    Free Member

Santa Cruz, Specialized, or maybe something smaller, like Transition.

MSP

Watching that program about the bloke building up his dream bike, I think it was cinelli and chris king that struck me as having cycling pumping through the veins of the companies, they seemed to do a lot to encourage cycling as a lifestyle in their employees (which I am sure pays off with obsesive workers if you are aiming for quality).
    If working there meant getting my hands on the products whenever I wanted, then I would probably go for nicolai.

Gary_C

Surprised that no-ones mentioed Orange yet, after the recent Orange 5 ‘love-in’ thread.. 😉

Personally i’d go for Hope, for allsorts of reasons.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Cotic, then i’d have a different angle at trying to persuade Cy to make a steel Hemlock.

mmmm… steel … Hemlock…

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

MSP – Member

Watching that program about the bloke building up his dream bike, I think it was cinelli and chris king that struck me as having cycling pumping through the veins of the companies, they seemed to do a lot to encourage cycling as a lifestyle in their employees

Ah yes, I remember that now .. the Chris King Employees looked chillax’ed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I turned down a job with Max Commencal when he was still running Sunn at St Gaudens.
    🙁

chipps

I’d quite like one of the smaller frame builders because you’d get to do a lot of different jobs. Someone like Paul at Rock Lobster, or Sean at Soulcraft does everything from building frames to answering the phone and packing things up. I can imagine Hope being a bit samey after a while. Either building brakes all day, or loading machines with billet. However, they do like their riding.

I think it’d have to be something where they actually made stuff in-house rather than spent all their time unpacking boxes from Taiwan and stuck decals on. So Orange or Hope, or King would be good starters.

Mind you, the job I currently do has its good moments too 🙂

doof_doof
    Free Member

Santa Cruz, Specialized, or maybe something smaller, like Transition.

Don’t you have to be a God Botherer to work at Transition?

(from what I’ve heard from a couple who toured the factory)

mikey74
    Free Member

I can’t believe they would be able to discriminate in that manner, even if it was true.

MSP

I smear my naked body with blue fox fork oil, and dance around a set of bombers overlooked by images of Tomac & Giove every sunday morning, before going for a ride. I think I could fit in.

tazzymtb

@ nixon_fiend which ever one responded to email request for pics and further details which may lead to sales of items 😉

BillMC

Maverick

nbt

I turned down a job with Max Commencal when he was still running Sunn at St Gaudens

I had one of my best nights out ever in St Gaudens when I was woeking down that way. We were having so much fun the festivak organisers gave us free beer to come and liven up things at the front of the stage. Ahh happy days, had to carry Helen home after a massive asthma attack

Conqueror
    Free Member

Marin because that would mean being in the bay area too

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Spesh and or Giant.

Huuuuggggeeeeeeeeeeeee R&D budgets relative to everyone else. I’d get bored packing boxes 24/7.

MrSparkle

Apollo. Just for the sheer Kudos. Innit.

catnap
    Free Member

haribo !! 😆

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Someone like Independant Fabrications.

Coasting
    Free Member

Ventana for me

GJP
    Free Member

Jones – so I could sort out those absolute monstrosities that they build. 😆

valleydaddy
    Free Member

My multi billion dollar bike company in my dream world 😉

The Daddy Bicycle Company

brooess
    Free Member

I wrote speculatively for a job the other day to a company that have Orange as a client. That would be ace.

RustyNissanPrairie

Superco. End of.

Or Brooklyn machine Works, as long as they stopped making shite fixie crap.

saintbridge72
    Free Member

Hope, Orange or Spesh.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Klein.

Then I’d be able to design my Adroit Carbon, with modern geometry, 100 – 120mm forks, oversize swoopy carbon tubes, spangly paint that changes a million colours in different light and debossed carbon logos (edged with with silver framing).

It would be pimpin’ 8)

Either that, or Yeti.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Which Bike Company would you LOVE to work for?’ is closed to new replies.