Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Which bib shorts?
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Mine are years old, which is a bit wrong. Anyone bought any good ones recently?

coopersport1
    Free Member

Got some Assos endurance jobbies in 1/2 price sale, having previously bought cheaper ones i will never look back even if I have to pay full (£145) price. AWESOME but pricey
    I do have some endura 3/4 bibs that are quite good.

djglover
    Free Member

decathlon B-twin top of the range ones

peteimpreza

Another vote for Assos especially if you can get the on a deal.

Will willingly pay full price to replace mine if I have to though.

Keep an eye out on the Ribble and Parker International web sites.

MrSmith
    Free Member

assos, cannondale carbon, top of the range adidas and giordana.

Nobby

Assos if possible but also keep a look out for “S Series”. They are actually Assos but ‘old technology’ according to them. I picked some up last autumn and have to say they feel & perform just like my 3 yr old Assos ones but were only £30ish.

4ndyB
    Free Member

DHB Earnley?

Just bought a pair, comfier than my old shorts (Humvee liner) probably not as good as Assos, but when you only have ~£30 & need them ASAP then you are kinda limited to what’s in stock in your size.

almost got some Assos S spec bibs, but they were out of stock.

damitamit
    Free Member

these ones?

ebay

Are they any good?

Nobby

damitamit – Member

these ones?

ebay

Are they any good?

That’s them – for the money they’re great.

Philby

Got some Gore ones recently – seem pretty comfortable to me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had some Assos 3/4s which fitted perfectly, but the pad was far too big for me, like wearing a nappy! It felt really strange after a couple of hours, then they fell apart…..

Personally, I swear by Pearl Izumi bibs. They fit 95% as well as the Assos, and seem far tougher. Also, the legs are shorter than most which if you’re on the shorter side like me (30′ inside leg) looks a lot better than most others.
    🙂

darrell
    Free Member

got some Rapha ones – pretty expensive but damn comfy

Joxster
    Free Member

Nalini bib shorts, Santini bibs or Descente bibs

Rapha shorts are made by Nalini 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought some Assos late last year for £107, they’ve now gone up to £147! they’re good, but I’m still not convinced that they’re worth the extra over the De Marchi Contour Plus that I paid about £80 for.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Santini with twist gel insert are incredibly comfortable, even better than assos imo.

Aidan
    Free Member

Sugoi RS bibs for me. I’ve done 24hr solo and a 7-day ultra in mine. No soreness even though I’m cheap and use baby oil instead of fancy arse-lard.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the assos s-series are cheap ones i don’t think they make them any more?

the best VFM would go to giordana/santini/nalini (their top end)

MrK
    Free Member

i once went to edinburgh bike coop to get some bib shorts – money no object etc. came away with their own brand ones. lasted four and a half years and fit so well. no longer sold. pooo

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Funny you said that MrK – I was using Edinburgh Bike Co-Op shorts last night and thought I would be female when I got home. Realised they were over ten years old so that’s why they’ve got holes!

I’ll keep looking for those above and see what I can get for my money. Thanks again.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Only huge ones in stock though.

marsdenman
    Free Member

ah! apols MrP – should have figured stocks may be limited….sorry 😳
    though, at 5ft 10 and 15stone, my luck could be in…… 😉

DrBike
    Free Member

Surprised no-one has yet mentioned Pearl Izumi, the Microsensor PRO shorts are fantastic (but pricey too), I’d love to get some Octanes but can’t justify them.

On the other hand I bought some Trek Criterium bib shorts recently for less than £20 and they great value.

I’ve heard great things about Assos but also that they’re even more expensice than Pearl Izumi.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Which bib shorts?’ is closed to new replies.