Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Which 7 day wireless programmable thermostat?
  • thepurist

At the mo we’ve got a simple time switch & thermostat but could do with something a bit more flexible, 7 individually programmable days with different temps set over the day, plus some sort of manual single setpoint for when we’re away. So far the Honeywell CM927 seems to be the favourite but what else is worth a look?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Can’t help, my only experience is of one of the Honeywells you mention. It’s been in use for nearly two years and I don’t give it much thought so it must be good.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have 2x CM927s and just cant fault them.

In fact just bought a 1day honeywell wired controller with the same form factor for something else. Easy to program, easy to use. £80 seems to be the s/h price on ebay.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Salus rt500 does all that.

Looks a bit old school mind but it works well

thepurist

AFAIK the Salus is a pain to reset to a low setpoint – think you’re either stuck with the frost stat or have to reprogram the whole thing.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve got a digi eco et-4.

It works fine, was dirt cheap and easy to fit (£30 or so I think) but is a slight pain to set. According to our boiler guy, the Honeywell ones have a much more intuitive interface, so probably worth the extra money.

peasant
    Free Member

+1 for the honeywell had mine 6 yrs works fine ,British gas doing one which you can also operate from your phone £150\200 fitted won stuff mag gadget award of some sort

takisawa2

I went for a Heatmiser one. At the time, the Honeywell ones were too big & bulky. Sits almost flush to the wall, & most importantly…it glows up blue. 🙂

Its been in for 8 or 9 yrs now. Its not a wireless one, obviously, but I notice they do offer them now. Ours does 4 timed “heating periods” throughout the day. Was about £30 IIRC. Dead easy to fit.

One of these…

patriotpro
    Free Member

+1 for the Honeywell.

Simple but does everything you need it to and with a blue backlit display to top it off. 🙂

I remember we had a ‘Honeywell-Bull’ at home as a kid too, only got rid of it a few years ago as my Mum had a new CH system put in, otherwise it’d have gone on forever i’m sure.

leffeboy

+1 for honeywell. it’s great

RustyMac

Never had a problem with the two Salus RT500 timers my girlfriend and i have, they have been in for 2 and 3 years so far with no issue.

Not sure what you mean by this “pain to reset to a low setpoint”?

stumpy01

Do u need hot water control too? If so, the Honeywell 927 won’t do that.

We have the Honeywell Sundial RF2 pack which seems to be a 927 with hot water & heating control. It works excellently.

thepurist

Rusty – if we’re away for a few days and want to set the heating to a constant 14 degrees or whatever then the salus doesn’t seem to make that easy. Honneywell looking good at the mo, thanks all.

RustyMac

Just got back to this, to set the temp to a constant on the Salus it is not just the flick of a switch but it is not difficult either. You scroll through the menu and adjust the 2 or 3 temperatures that go higher down a 2-3 minute job. When i do it i leave all the timings the same so it is easier when i get back.

At the end of the day you pay your money you make your choice.

footflaps

This thread got be googling as our thermostat is a bit rubbish (seems to have it’s own sense of temperature rather than that of the room).

These Wifi remote control ones look pretty neat, you can connect from anywhere using an iPhone App…

Review here.

footflaps

Bought the Wifi one to have a play with it…..

globalti
    Free Member

We bought a programmable digital ‘stat and found it a waste of money because the house was well enough insulated that it seldom dropped to the lower “daytime” temperature of 17 degrees that we set. It was also fiendishly complicated to set.

headfirst
    Free Member

The old fashioned timer dial (push-in pins in a circle) I have on my boiler is broken so currently we are turning the heating on when we wake up, which is not ideal, so my question is:

Do I need to get a new one of these timers and then one of them honeywells, or will the honeywell replace my broken timer anyway? I want something where I can have different weekday and weekend settings.

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve got the Honeywell. You can have all 7 days different with 6 programmable events each day (I think). Have a word with a heating engineer about installing it.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have had a Drayton Digistat for about 8 years. They’ve made the box on the wall a lot bigger and uglier since we got ours.

Recommended.

thebunk

I want one of these – I don’t even have a house yet:

US only at the moment though.

Review

footflaps

My Heatmiser Wifi remote controllable thermostat has just arrived. Will probably fit it over Xmas.

Wifi Remote controllable CH thermostat by brf, on Flickr

trail_rat
    Free Member

lemme know how you get on with that footflaps … it piques my interest.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

On my second Honeywell one in 8 months fitted this week as it went wrong. Mate says that the suppliers have a box load to go back under warranty as the relays get stuck , like ours did and we had no hot water. Although hoping they have fixed the issue now.

Riofer
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a wireless thermostat which also has Wi-fi? Currently just have a timer wired to the boiler in the airing cupboard so it is either on or off. I’d rather have a thermostat switching it on/off when required but don’t want to be running wires to a fixed mount.

That Nest seems to be the ideal but as it is US only not an option at the moment.

footflaps
    RustyMac

Riofer

All the teromstats mentioned above in this thread should do what you want them to do. Don’t get yourself confused with wireless and WiFi controllers.

WiFi – controlable over the internet.
    Wireless – no wires between thermostat/controller and Boiler reciever (genrally RF)

Liftman

Got one of those Heatmiser Wifi thermostat and it works a treat.

Bit of a pain to set up to the wifi but when its done it links perfectly with my iphone and can turn the heating on and off by the app and also change the programming times/temperature.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Which 7 day wireless programmable thermostat?’ is closed to new replies.