Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which 650b wheels?
  • Crag
    Free Member

I’m slowing building up my new Soul frame and wondered what the present consensus is on which wheels to put on.

The demise of the Stans/Hope wheelsets has opened up a new can of worms for me. Until I realised that these were no more, the only choice I had was Flow or Arch, now I’m in unchartered waters!!

The new Hope Enduro wheels look the obvious choice but over 2kg a pair they are a weighty beast. Will the Hope XC wheels be tough enough for clumsy line choices?

Are there any others around the £300-£350 mark that I should be looking at? Or should I stick with what I know and get the LBS to build some Stans/Hopes?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I bought some Race Face Turbine wheels cheaply from CRC for my Switchback and they seem OK.

Not really very exciting, not the fastet things to engage but were easy to run tubeless etc. Not too heavy either. For the price they were hard to beat.

vonplatz
    Free Member

Quite a lot more spendy but very high performance wheels for price:

Spank Oozy 295 Wheels

Great reviews and I am very happy with them. Service from Spank is good too, they don’t have a distributor in Spain who stocks parts but they shipped me some spokes direct from the factory in Taiwan.

Crag
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. Like the look of those Spank – do you know whether they can be coverted to 135mm QR?

chakaping
    Free Member

Superstar Tech 4 are similar in weight and performance to the old Hope/Stans – and under £200.

I wouldn’t spend more than that unless I was getting a Mavic or DT factory set.

godzilla
    Free Member

Rutland had some Hope Arch ex, I got some Flows from them last week got Topcashback £30 worth of reward vouchers too!

granny_ring

do you know whether they can be coverted to 135mm QR?

Yes, fill in the online contact form on their site and you can get some direct from the factory as mentioned above.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Am shortly about to put a pair of Formula / Jalco wheels on the classifieds. Brand new off one of these http://www.havendistribution.co.uk/devinci-troy-carbon-sx-2015 if you’re interested.

Apologies for the pre classifieds plug – not sure if there are rules for such things

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which 650b wheels?’ is closed to new replies.