Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Which 5:10's
  • fathomer

I’ve decided that the duffs skate trainers I currently wear are a bit naff, flexi soul and not fantastic grip, though better than the Adidas they replaced. I’ve never had any bike specific shoes for flats.

My question is which are the least bulky 5:10’s, I have an irrational dislike of bulky shoes? I’ve only seen the Impacts and Sam Hills in the flesh and I don’t like the bulkyness! I’m also willing to consider other makes though the Shimano’s look rather special!

sandwicheater

I had the same aversion to the chunky Five Ten’s. Settled on the freerunner. Same amount of grip and can wear them off the bike.

cookeaa

Does a “flexi soul” allow you to have loose morals but still get into Heaven?

matthew_h
    Free Member

The new Freerider Pro shoes are great. Much more like a skate shoe in size and build. Definitely worth a look

prezet
    Free Member

None. Vans Gravels.

LenBuch
    Free Member

Five Ten Chase Freerunning Shoes 2012
    Just bought some from CRC – some sizes have a big discount – not chunky and have the stealth sole – excellent!

BikePawl
    Free Member

You could check out their guide tennies

chiefgrooveguru

Teva Links feel nice! Stiff enough, grippy enough, pretty weatherproof, v comfy.

fathomer

cookeaa – Member
    Does a “flexi soul” allow you to have loose morals but still get into Heaven?

Spellings never been a strong point 😆

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll have a look when I get home tonight.

xcentric
    Free Member

@LenBuch:

not too flexible in the sole for mtb’ing? they look good…..

Hobster
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the guide tennies. Nearly the performance of the impact without the ‘look’.

bowglie

Five Ten Barons might be worth a look.

davetrave
    Free Member

Got a pair of the Chase free runners too, they’re actually stiffer in the sole than Barons…

bowglie

they’re actually stiffer in the sole than Barons…

hmmm..sounds like I might have to add a pair of the Chase ‘runners to the collection 😉

davetrave
    Free Member

Or there’s the MTB specific version of the Chase – Maltese Falcon…

LenBuch
    Free Member

not too flexible in the sole for mtb’ing?

No more so than the impacts or the Shimano flat shoes I’ve had but much less bulk!

fathomer

LenBuch – Member
    Just bought some from CRC – some sizes have a big discount – not chunky and have the stealth sole – excellent!

Like the look of these, credit card might be about to take a hit I think!

LenBuch
    Free Member

Had a short ride thisafternoon and so far looking good – stiff enough, sticky and my heels diddn’t rub the chain-stays! Happy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which 5:10's’ is closed to new replies.